The Student Room Group

Casual relationships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivy.98
I have to admit that sounds like typical teen bs :rolleyes:
But its not like that. We've known each other for years so it makes it different in a way, more like FWB.

Thanks i guess :redface:

Have your fun. If it lasts then great, more likely it doesn't but that's fine too. The fun of being a child is that - heartbreak aside - it doesn't mean anything.
Reply 21
Original post by ByronicHero
Have your fun. If it lasts then great, more likely it doesn't but that's fine too. The fun of being a child is that - heartbreak aside - it doesn't mean anything.

We will still remain friends after that, hopefully. Don't see why we would stop talking

Child..? :colonhash: how old are you if I may ask, would explain a lot then
Reply 22
not been in one, wouldn't want to. but each to their own
Original post by ivy.98
We will still remain friends after that, hopefully. Don't see why we would stop talking

Child..? :colonhash: how old are you if I may ask, would explain a lot then

I hope you do, but it very rarely ends up happening. I've made the mistake of going further with quite a few friends and it has rarely led to a situation where the friendship is intact. There is almost always one person who wants more. being a link is fine for some people but not for others. I'm older than 20 and younger than 30. :lol:
Reply 24
I hope you do, but it very rarely ends up happening. I've made the mistake of going further with quite a few friends and it has rarely led to a situation where the friendship is intact. There is almost always one person who wants more. being a link is fine for some people but not for others. I'm older than 20 and younger than 30. :lol:

mate I swear you're like 70+
Original post by ETRC
mate I swear you're like 70+

I may as well be, lol.
I'm in one at the moment and have been for almost 3 years. It just works for us as we don't feel like we need to see each other all the time and just see each other maybe once a week or so depending on what we're up to. We've tried a relationship and just wasn't the same as just being friends :smile:
Reply 27

Yeah can't disagree, these kind of things can turn out really complicated and they often destroy friendships/relationships. But what can ya do, you learn from your mistakes. :smile:
Oh right, probably 29 then :mmm: sounds about right for someone who calls me a child, still not over it btw :colonhash:
Original post by ivy.98
Yeah can't disagree, these kind of things can turn out really complicated and they often destroy friendships/relationships. But what can ya do, you learn from your mistakes. :smile:
Oh right, probably 29 then :mmm: sounds about right for someone who calls me a child, still not over it btw :colonhash:

I'm not saying not to make the mistake, you absolutely have to. That is what youth is for. If you wait until you are an adult to maker these mistakes they will hurt so much more. I'm actually closer to the other end, and you are a child, but a perfectly charming one though, if that helps? :tongue:
Is it ok? Sure, as long as both parties know it's just a casual relationship, and you both have that talk. And frequent reminder that there's no commitment and no titles is sometimes important because a lot of the time someone usually falls hard and wants more.

And no I wouldn't want to be in a pretend relationship, id rather someone claim me and show their affection to only me. I don't want to kiss lips that kiss multiple girls, that's ****ing gross , and dipping his dick in other women, hellz to the naw. That's dirt.

And it's sexy when a man has standards.
(edited 8 years ago)
It got a little messy
Yeah a bunch of times. Some of them ended horrifically though. Got to be honest about feelings on both sides. Also got to be clear in communicating but "rules" is not the answer in my experience. Unless you want your life life to feel like a contract dispute.
Reply 32
I'm not saying not to make the mistake, you absolutely have to. That is what youth is for. If you wait until you are an adult to maker these mistakes they will hurt so much more. I'm actually closer to the other end, and you are a child, but a perfectly charming one though, if that helps? :tongue:

Yeah I get where you're coming from, and you're probably not wrong since you're the oldie with more experience :rolleyes:
Okay apology accepted
Original post by arthur97
Have you ever been in one?
Why are/were you in one?

Hey! It's not definitely the best thing... 2 years ago I fell in love with a really beautiful girl and some time later we started dating. I had no doubts about my feelings for her and she was the same say. But as we both were really open minded and we both consider ourselves as bisexual, a year after we thought it was a good idea to start a casual/open relationship so we could also have sex with the same gender... But, it was dreadful! At the beginning it was alright and honestly it was so good to have sex with the both genders with the consent of my girlfriend, but few time late we started to feel so jealous about each other until a point it didn't work anymore. So, we broke up. Now, I feel so guilty that we decided to have this kind of relationship! I really loved her and I still, I think

that's my experience :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
ive had one, never got feelings wit eachother tho.
Kindaaaaaaa been in one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending