Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will i be able to get into a club with this passport? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm turning 18 in a few months but the majority of my friends are 18 now. As you can probably guess they are all going to nightclubs however i can't get in. My 22 year old brother gave me an out of date passport which expired 2 years ago. He was about 16 when the photo was took. He does look a bit like me but not identical. Do you think i will be able to get in with this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably. They tend to just look for a general resemblance and that you're 18+. Clubs want to make money so they let most people in, however remember its stricter in busy/popular places like big London clubs. My advice is just try it, the worst that will happen is they say no and/or take the passport away (which seeing as its expired isn't a loss). Just act normal and casual, whatever you do don't be loud, already drunk ect as these things draw attention and suspicion, try not to look nervous or worried as the check it either, confidence is key!

I used a 20 year old friends Hungarian driving licence at 16/17 and it worked without fail (we were similar looking) and also a 23 year olds a few times who I looked nothing like. Its probably easier for girls but give it a go. I've lent mine to a friend since turning 18 too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kisaki)
    Yeah probably. They tend to just look for a general resemblance and that you're 18+. Clubs want to make money so they let most people in, however remember its stricter in busy/popular places like big London clubs. My advice is just try it, the worst that will happen is they say no and/or take the passport away (which seeing as its expired isn't a loss). Just act normal and casual, whatever you do don't be loud, already drunk ect as these things draw attention and suspicion, try not to look nervous or worried as the check it either, confidence is key!

I used a 20 year old friends Hungarian driving licence at 16/17 and it worked without fail (we were similar looking) and also a 23 year olds a few times who I looked nothing like. Its probably easier for girls but give it a go. I've lent mine to a friend since turning 18 too.
    I'll give it a try then, i only live in a town so it should be ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.