Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can men and women JUST be friends Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do u think?

I say no generally when a guy wants to be friends with a hot woman he just wants her body thats it he doesnt look at anything else. As long as her character is good aswell then it wont put the guy off

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people of opposite genders be friends without anything more developing plenty of times. It constantly confuses me how people can think it's not at all possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as long as there is no attraction there. Most men know women they don't feel attracted to whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Can sexually frustrated men be really close friends with very attractive women? Probably not.

And yes that works if they are not attracted to each other

ReputationRep:
    I want to say no, but my opinion is bias as I'm a lesbian. I find guys who are fine with my sexuality easier to get on with as there is no concern for sexual tension. On behalf of my female friends they all seem to cope being friends with guys without being overwhelmed by sexual desire so I say they can be friends - plus I can easily just be friends with girls which is my equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. From my experience. It's called the FriendZone.

(Original post by muzi786)
    What do u think?

I say no generally when a guy wants to be friends with a hot woman he just wants her body thats it he doesnt look at anything else. As long as her character is good aswell then it wont put the guy off
    Maybe this is why I'm able to make male friends, I'm never the hot girl. I'm 'cute' at most.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Of course they can! :yep:

You won't develop feelings of attraction for every member of the opposite sex that you come across; you'll simply see many as people who you can talk to and generally get along with, but nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    Obiviously they can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.