The Student Room Group

Wee bit confused..

Hello! I've just been accepted to study English and Creative Writing or English with Publishing at Plymouth University. I'm a mature student so it's a big step for me to go back into education. I wondered if anyone on here has done one of the courses or is planning on one of them and what made you decide on which to do, as i'm stuck as to which one to choose. Also, I've heard that Plymouth seems to accept anyone willy nilly, is this true? I thought i'd bust my a*se to get into Uni when really it wasn't that difficult, or is the person i heard this from just being a bit of a tw*t?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Original post by EmHowie
Hello! I've just been accepted to study English and Creative Writing or English with Publishing at Plymouth University. I'm a mature student so it's a big step for me to go back into education. I wondered if anyone on here has done one of the courses or is planning on one of them and what made you decide on which to do, as i'm stuck as to which one to choose. Also, I've heard that Plymouth seems to accept anyone willy nilly, is this true? I thought i'd bust my a*se to get into Uni when really it wasn't that difficult, or is the person i heard this from just being a bit of a tw*t?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

It is true that Plymouth has lower entry requirements than many universities but it certainly isn't true that they accept anyone, especially not for a degree like English for which there is always a long line of well qualified people hoping to enroll in any university offering the course.

With regards to which subject you should study, I would choose the creative writing course. Neither the creative writing not the publishing aspects are going to have an enormous impact on employability so I would choose the option that interested me most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending