Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What has been your biggest waste of money? Watch

ReputationRep:
    on a game which didnt work.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperlEE)
    on a game which didnt work.
    Aw that's terrible, were you able to get a refund?

I bought loads of textbooks in my first year that I never used. :facepalm2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    University. Aside from not, probably any of the thousand times I've ordered a takeaway.

I've also spent hundreds on books that I couldn't possibly read as I bought them faster than I could read them :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    CoD Advanced Warfare -.-

ReputationRep:
    I've been wasting money on foods. Hehe! I buy what I love to eat.

ReputationRep:
    Cars.
    Ive been passed my test nearly 6 years and on on my 4th car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    University. Aside from not, probably any of the thousand times I've ordered a takeaway.

I've also spent hundreds on books that I couldn't possibly read as I bought them faster than I could read them :facepalm2:
    Lol I was just gonna say on books that were "required" for the course but then never really had to use them because the library provided free copies :nooo:

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Aw that's terrible, were you able to get a refund?

I bought loads of textbooks in my first year that I never used. :facepalm2:
    Exactly what happened to me! And I'm still in first year

ReputationRep:
    My ex.

Jk. Kinda.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol

ReputationRep:
    Living in halls at uni when I could have commuted. I spend over £5000 on accommodation (which I realise is actually quite cheap compared to other places) but I absolutely hate it and I'm considering dropping out so a massive part of me hates what I've done.

ReputationRep:
    I bought the recommended text for £70, used once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  pikachu.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  31.3 KB

my recent waste of money. Don't get me wrong he's freaking adorable...but guess how much he cost? D: (he's not limited edition or anything fancy)

ReputationRep:
    My ex boyfriend. ******* never helped or paid a dime in the relationship despite being from a well of family while mine was below the breadline, it was of course all down to me. Must have wasted closed to a grand on him. :lol:

After that, can't say I've regretted money I've spent to be honest. Unless I buy something then see it on sale a week later....pure regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Cars.
    Ive been passed my test nearly 6 years and on on my 4th car.
    Passed 4 years ago and on my 6th .

On that note, a Subaru. Biggest piece of **** money pit ive ever bought. Would not touch with 10ft barge pole in future.

Candycrush. I don't use any of the cheats but my friends got annoyed with me for sending them game invites constantly so now I have to pay to get to every "next episode". I'm on level 1070 now and the small amounts of money add up worryingly. But it's so addictive!

ReputationRep:
    Clothes. I very rarely buy clothes anymore and if I do it's just the odd pair of jeans or something out a charity shop but wjen I was 17/18 I spent anything I could scrape together in topshop/h&m etc.. huge waste of money when I think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Candycrush. I don't use any of the cheats but my friends got annoyed with me for sending them game invites constantly so now I have to pay to get to every "next episode". I'm on level 1070 now and the small amounts of money add up worryingly. But it's so addictive!
    You don't have to pay to unlock episodes in Candy Crush, they unlock themselves after 3 days.

I've wasted so much money that it would take me all day to answer this question. I suppose the most I wasted at once was when I booked a trip to Guatemala after uni and then backed out at the last minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    You don't have to pay to unlock episodes in Candy Crush, they unlock themselves after 3 days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm afraid that you are investing me with a level of patience that I just don't have...

ReputationRep:
    £1395 on a Burberry Coat that my gf rarely wears

Nothing wrong with the coat, it's just that she's really afraid of the cold. So this winter she only steps outside in eskimo-like gear.

Other things include:
    Mobile games, £300+
    PS4

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.