Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

25 mark essay help !?! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi im really struggling to gain anymore than 17 marks in the final essays, i include lots of data and evaluations but i never gain anywhere near 20 +. I gain an A in AS but this was due to multiple choice and data response so really need to improve my essay writing. Can anyone help? Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    17 means that your evaluations are very limited with a good analysis or reasonable analysis and evaluation. You need someone to have a look at your points, maybe you are giving different evaluations with limited development rather than doing fewer well developed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    17 means that your evaluations are very limited with a good analysis or reasonable analysis and evaluation. You need someone to have a look at your points, maybe you are giving different evaluations with limited development rather than doing fewer well developed?
    I try to complicate things, with the evaluation I only do one for and against, should i develop this further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT0121)
    I try to complicate things, with the evaluation I only do one for and against, should i develop this further?
    if you are getting 17 you need more development. From the mark scheme good and bad (for and against) are usually analysis, evaluation is usually more like a judgement (e.g. Market failure vs Government failure)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)

Pardon, I am confused with the allocation of marks for the evaluation . If I only give 2 (exactly 2, not more than that) eva. points with superb elaborations, am I qualified to be awarded with 20+ marks ?

And yes, how can we know that our eva. points are damn good ? hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syahmisenpai)
    Pardon, I am confused with the allocation of marks for the evaluation . If I only give 2 (exactly 2, not more than that) eva. points with superb elaborations, am I qualified to be awarded with 20+ marks ?

And yes, how can we know that our eva. points are damn good ? hehe
    The mark scheme and the approach for marking doesn't indicate how many points to make. I usually encourage 3 for each. Whether you do 2 well developed and follows a good line of reasoning with good use of data reference you may be able to get +20. That depends on your content and what you think it is a superb elaboration and what the mark scheme/examiners think is a superb elaboration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.