The Student Room Group

25 mark essay help !?!

Hi im really struggling to gain anymore than 17 marks in the final essays, i include lots of data and evaluations but i never gain anywhere near 20 +. I gain an A in AS but this was due to multiple choice and data response so really need to improve my essay writing. Can anyone help? Thanks !
17 means that your evaluations are very limited with a good analysis or reasonable analysis and evaluation. You need someone to have a look at your points, maybe you are giving different evaluations with limited development rather than doing fewer well developed?
Reply 2
Original post by keynes24
17 means that your evaluations are very limited with a good analysis or reasonable analysis and evaluation. You need someone to have a look at your points, maybe you are giving different evaluations with limited development rather than doing fewer well developed?

I try to complicate things, with the evaluation I only do one for and against, should i develop this further?
Original post by JT0121
I try to complicate things, with the evaluation I only do one for and against, should i develop this further?

if you are getting 17 you need more development. From the mark scheme good and bad (for and against) are usually analysis, evaluation is usually more like a judgement (e.g. Market failure vs Government failure)
Original post by keynes24

Pardon, I am confused with the allocation of marks for the evaluation . If I only give 2 (exactly 2, not more than that) eva. points with superb elaborations, am I qualified to be awarded with 20+ marks ?

And yes, how can we know that our eva. points are damn good ? hehe
Original post by syahmisenpai
Pardon, I am confused with the allocation of marks for the evaluation . If I only give 2 (exactly 2, not more than that) eva. points with superb elaborations, am I qualified to be awarded with 20+ marks ?

And yes, how can we know that our eva. points are damn good ? hehe

The mark scheme and the approach for marking doesn't indicate how many points to make. I usually encourage 3 for each. Whether you do 2 well developed and follows a good line of reasoning with good use of data reference you may be able to get +20. That depends on your content and what you think it is a superb elaboration and what the mark scheme/examiners think is a superb elaboration.

Quick Reply

Latest