Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to QM on the 3rd December 2015 for History & Comparative Literature and got an email confirming they had received my application.

It's been 9 weeks and I still haven't had a response. When I keep logging in to check my application's progress, it continues to say that its being considered. QM is my last choice which I'm still waiting for a verdict.

I understand that when I applied, it was nearing Christmas and peak time for applicants- but QM did say it could take up to 4 weeks. My friend who applied for the same course got a response after 5 weeks.

I also got an invite to a 'Post Offer Event' for which I have booked tickets-- but I haven't been given an offer yet. What does this mean?? Has anyone else got this invite? Is there anyone else still waiting for a response?

Any experiences with your applications/ anything you know would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on the 27th of November for English and I haven't heard anything back either, but I havn't been invited to a post offer event.

ReputationRep:
    Give them a quick email - the department contact should be on the prospectus or online or something.

I'm in my second year now, but I think I applied for my first year in the first week of December and was given an interview in the January, before being made an offer in the March (I think?).

Emailing is perfectly fine - I'm sure they get tonnes a day, so just email them and see. Also, PLEASE check your junk folder. For some reason, QM emails always go through to junk folder first. I didn't realise my interview was a thing until 4 days before it was due, so just check you haven't had an email off them and have missed it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.