The Student Room Group

Why are ads for the royal navy, army and air force targeting women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Drewski
It's about an arbitrary difference that, in the vast majority of roles, has no effect - negative or otherwise - on the armed forces. Therefore it's a very relevant comment and serves to highlight how your arguments are largely pointless.

Lower standards for women have no effect on the military? and No it's still an irrelevant comment no matter how you persist with your nonsense.
Reply 261
Everyone, I'm not going to respond to any other post till tomorrow, I need some time away from TSR. Please no one go crazy while I'm gone and good night.
Original post by Ali1302
Lower standards for women have no effect on the military?

In the roles they currently perform, no.

And stop acting like it's lower standards across the board, it's not. A female pilot has to meet exactly the same requirements as a male pilot for everything that matters, same aptitude, same skill levels. Everything's the same. And that's matched in every single role across the armed forces. The only thing that's different is the fitness minimum requirement. Note that word. Minimum requirement. Most will need substantially above that to actually get in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
In the roles they currently perform, no.

And stop acting like it's lower standards across the board, it's not. A female pilot has to meet exactly the same requirements as a male pilot for everything that matters, same aptitude, same skill levels. Everything's the same. And that's matched in every single role across the armed forces. The only thing that's different is the fitness minimum requirement. Note that word. Minimum requirement. Most will need substantially above that to actually get in.

Certainly the girls in the SRR are a cut above most regular guys in terms of fitness. I know they don't need to do the full UKSF selection but it's still more than enough to consider one even combat fit
Original post by Ali1302
Yet you have no problems with standards being lower for 'equality targets. Also, your example doesn't make sense in this context.

Standards aren't being lowered, its simply not true. Please point to a fitness test, post basic training, which is not to the same standard. Where fitness is primary to your job, such as a PTI, the standards are the same. The same with mechanical courses, or signals courses etc etc.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending