The Student Room Group

evenings research

hello!

is there possibility to participate in research or similar activities of a uni during the evenings as I am occupied during the daytime?

thanks!
Original post by studos
hello!

is there possibility to participate in research or similar activities of a uni during the evenings as I am occupied during the daytime?

thanks!

It will depend on the university and how receptive your department are to this kind of thing. I think it is fairly unlikely, but I'm certainly no expert. This post will bump your thread though so maybe somebody else will help you :smile:
Probably not, to put it honestly, no professor or PhD student is going to want to stay after hours to babysit an undergrad. A few universities have summer research programs, why not apply for those instead?
By research do you mean like projects or writing papers? If it's working on projects then you can just join societies doing competitions. I recently joined a society/group where we're building an autonomous sailing ship. This is mainly organised by a bunch of PhD students (I'm first year) so we're doing some high level stuff. Within this we're implementing a bunch of control theory methods so we do have to do research, such as I'm in charge of the design of a fuzzy logic controller. I dunno if you class things like that as research but that's the only thing I can think off. Or as others suggested you could do summer based research programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest