The Student Room Group

Radiography Clearing 2016

Does anyone know if radiography has ever gone into clearing for universities such as City, St george's, South Bank etc.. ?

i'm so scared if no one accepts me :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in the same position as you. Portsmouth got back to me but have put me on the reserve list so I doubt I will get in :frown:
Reply 2
Yes it goes into clearing. There aren't many spaces though.
Reply 3
Is it likely to go in Clearing with Derby? I know they currently have places at Derby University and I rang them however they said I am unable to apply as my personal statement is for another course. They also said they wont be offering places during clearing to those with different personal statements :/ :frown: I dont know what to do :'(
Original post by Krish345
Is it likely to go in Clearing with Derby? I know they currently have places at Derby University and I rang them however they said I am unable to apply as my personal statement is for another course. They also said they wont be offering places during clearing to those with different personal statements :/ :frown: I dont know what to do :'(

Have you tried UCAS extra?
Reply 5
Original post by melanies321
Have you tried UCAS extra?

Hey! Yes I did try UCAS Extra however University of Derby said that they can not accept me due to my personal statement being for a different course and that I can therefore not even apply during clearing :frown:. I have rang other University which have told me they are either full or to apply but they can not guarantee that my application will be looked at :/ I have therefore applied at London South Bank but have not heard anything :frown: I attended the interview at Portsmouth University and was told that I have been put on the reserve list and there is no guarantee that they will get back to me :frown: So I have no idea what to do now :'( How about you? Did you apply via UCAS Extra?
Hey! Yes I did try UCAS Extra however University of Derby said that they can not accept me due to my personal statement being for a different course and that I can therefore not even apply during clearing :frown:. I have rang other University which have told me they are either full or to apply but they can not guarantee that my application will be looked at :/ I have therefore applied at London South Bank but have not heard anything :frown: I attended the interview at Portsmouth University and was told that I have been put on the reserve list and there is no guarantee that they will get back to me :frown: So I have no idea what to do now :'( How about you? Did you apply via UCAS Extra?

I'm thinking about changing my career path to be honest ! But I'm thinking to just go through clearing and see my chances there
Reply 7
I'm thinking about changing my career path to be honest ! But I'm thinking to just go through clearing and see my chances there

I was thinking about doing that too but I really want to do Diagnostic Radiography :frown: What career path was you considering? And yes I may have to do the same aswell for the 3rd time :frown:
I was thinking about doing that too but I really want to do Diagnostic Radiography :frown: What career path was you considering? And yes I may have to do the same aswell for the 3rd time :frown:

What year are you in?
I want to go into something more on the business side now because I think radiography is not for me with the long hours you have to work for
I am thinking of applying through clearing too but I don't know if its worth the risk or if i should just apply for biomedicial sciences through UCAS EXTRA. I just really want to get a move on and get into uni. 3rd year i have been trying to get into radiography now :frown:
Original post by weevilspongebob
I am thinking of applying through clearing too but I don't know if its worth the risk or if i should just apply for biomedicial sciences through UCAS EXTRA. I just really want to get a move on and get into uni. 3rd year i have been trying to get into radiography now :frown:

Im in the same situation as you. I at a stage where I am contemplating to do another course but I just cant find a course that I would find interesting like Radiography :frown:. I know theres a huge risk but I think I may just see what happens during clearing. Its so scary. And yes same here this is my third time aswell which makes it even worse :frown: I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully (fingers crossed) clearing has radiography courses available and we stand a chance of getting accepted :frown:
Original post by FXX
Yes it goes into clearing. There aren't many spaces though.

I was just wondering if it is possible to do Nursing or another healthcare profession and then do Mammography as Masters to be able to work within the Mammography area as a Mammographer? I really want to become a mammographer and if i dont get into the course (for the third time) I have no idea what I would want to do :frown: I hope you can give some advice :frown:
Reply 12
I was just wondering if it is possible to do Nursing or another healthcare profession and then do Mammography as Masters to be able to work within the Mammography area as a Mammographer? I really want to become a mammographer and if i dont get into the course (for the third time) I have no idea what I would want to do :frown: I hope you can give some advice :frown:

You need to be a registered radiographer to do mammography.
Original post by FXX
You need to be a registered radiographer to do mammography.

Would I need to specifically need to do Diagnostic Radiography or could I undertake Therapeutic Radiography?
Many thanks for your help
Reply 14
Would I need to specifically need to do Diagnostic Radiography or could I undertake Therapeutic Radiography?
Many thanks for your help

I don't know. I know which one I would do if I wanted to be a mammographer.
Original post by weevilspongebob

Is medical technology similar to radiography ? Maybe you can try that because it's around the same basis .. I'm just going to go into uni and I have given up already on radiography just because I know I have no chance in getting in :frown:
Does this course actually even go into clearing? :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Yes, there were places available in clearing last year.

Does this course actually even go into clearing? :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Can you not somehow change your personal statement? I thought there must have been a way to do it for extra. Some of the people who have done the access to nursing course, that didnt get an offer for a midwifery degree got called into the tutors room to be told they will have to change their personal statements and apply for a nursing degree. Hence why i thought you could for the extra choice, how odd.
Original post by trowe87
Can you not somehow change your personal statement? I thought there must have been a way to do it for extra. Some of the people who have done the access to nursing course, that didnt get an offer for a midwifery degree got called into the tutors room to be told they will have to change their personal statements and apply for a nursing degree. Hence why i thought you could for the extra choice, how odd.

Thats what i originally thought aswell but university of derby told me different. They said they are very strict with personal statements and its once of the requirements and cant be changed. Confusing..

Quick Reply

Latest