Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i went on a date with this girl i really like. She enjoyed it as did I. Only a few awkward moments but for the most part we both enjoyed it. Now I asked her out again and she said yes. But when we text, I always have to initiate and eventually ends up with her going offline and not replying to my last message when she comes back online. That sucks...but the only reason she liked me was because of my personality so its not my boring texting I assure you. If anything I put more of a personality across. idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    Vsounds like you shouldn't be so self-assure

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you just need to be patient! and if you still feel like something is wrong, just talk to her about it!
    I wouldn't worry about it though, sometimes its just the way people are like, they'll be different in person but may come across differently on text, it's just the way they are, or its just the way they text
    This may or may not have helped, but best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I'll wait this out... Our second date is this weekend and its a dinner date. If she backs out ill get the message.
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    I reckon you just need to be patient! and if you still feel like something is wrong, just talk to her about it!
    I wouldn't worry about it though, sometimes its just the way people are like, they'll be different in person but may come across differently on text, it's just the way they are, or its just the way they text
    This may or may not have helped, but best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    coming from a girls perspective, I reckon you give it some time. maybe she isn't used to having someone around and talking to her etc. she will gradually come around to the idea. I was the exact same if you begin to feel that she may not be interested ask her and tell her how you feel. hope this advice helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauna mccloskey)
    coming from a girls perspective, I reckon you give it some time. maybe she isn't used to having someone around and talking to her etc. she will gradually come around to the idea. I was the exact same if you begin to feel that she may not be interested ask her and tell her how you feel. hope this advice helps
    Okay so, before this first date she'd pop up like all the time saying " hi x" etc etc... then she professes to like me and so I asked her out and then we went on a first date. Since then it seems she's taken a back seat when it comes to popping up and replying to texts. So I said to myself that I'd do the hard work till the second date anyways. So we went on another date which went quite decently... I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes and now we're a couple. Problem is she still has this backseat attitude and frankly even girls who DONT like me pop up occasionally or at least text back to a partially dead reply. Sure we have a few live conversations and she is quite fun to talk to but since we are a long distance relationship she needs to put more effort into texting. I'm currently experimenting by not popping up for some time and trying to see if she'll actually pop up. Which she has done in the past... idk what changed and I know the dates went pretty damn well.

Any help is appreciated

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.