Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Absolutely- I think you've read my mind! That's why I was thinking of this stuff, really, because I was clinically depressed from god knows when til I was 15- I won't tell the long boring story but I worked hard to get over it and work with all my problems with myself. But I've been thinking about it again recently as I haven't been feeling too happy again, and it's made me wonder whether I just have a biochemical or learnt mindset, and the last three years have just been.. I don't know, some kind of lull, while I've been distracted with other stuff.

God I'm depressing myself.
    i think most peopel this age goes thru a period of depression, i'm one of them. my mood can swing back and forth but certainaly feel better now than before. guess its worse for some people....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Yeah, you're depressing me too. Yawn. This place really is full of depressives. As is every other internet forum. Surely there must be some sort of link...
    I suppose I needn't speculate why you were bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    More and more the self-made millionaire is coming to light. Branson, Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey to name a few. I think university students will (in a few cases unduly) lose respect and be perceived as people who spent three years drinking, sleeping and shagging. I hope my degree will not disadvantage me when I'm ready to enter the labour market.
    I am not saying I am like that, I still study hard and think study is more important than clubbig etc, I also think that doing nothing but studying is also very unproductive. I did this for my AVCE, I managed to get the highest grade in my college (which is the UKs biggest) but I was really unahppy for it.

I don;t think people percieve university students like that, but then I am slightly biased. However from some of the students I know on the internet they hardly seem to any work and spend all the time in clubs and shagging like you say.

I am sure having a degree won't disadvantage you unless you want to work as a shelf stacker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I was depressed ages 5-11 i suppose, i stopped ages ago, i'm fine now really. Stop thinking about it all, you'll make it worse, now - lets see a smile.
    Too much thinking is always a problem <-- look, a smile!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I needn't speculate why you were bullied.
    It's because I was horrible to people :rolleyes:

Nice smile....whats your name?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more along the lines of "petty with no social skills".

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied at school a lot too, I will delete this by tonight as I don't want some people to read it, but I wear hearing aids, had really bad acne, have dyspraxia (so can't do PE) you can see why I was bullied a lot at school.

On top this my dad lost his job, we nearly ended up in a council house before it was decided my dad could have early retirement which saved us. During this time I really depressed and had no friends whats so ever (this was 1997) however things are much much better now thank god.

So I guess environmetal things can change people.

ReputationRep:
    yes, i also ruminate far too much

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more along the lines of "petty with no social skills".
    Yeah. That too. I'm not over the depression yet by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Kate what's yours?

Shall i tell you all my life story of why i was depressed so young now, it's only fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I was bullied at school a lot too, I will delete this by tonight as I don't want some people to read it, but I wear hearing aids, had really bad acne, have dyspraxia (so can't do PE) you can see why I was bullied a lot at school.

On top this my dad lost his job, we nearly ended up in a council house before it was decided my dad could have early retirement which saved us. During this time I really depressed and had no friends whats so ever (this was 1997) however things are much much better now thank god.

So I guess environmetal things can change people.
    I was physically bullied by my best friend from 5-7 because I was smaller than him basically, and that messed me up for life.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can go and read a less depressing thread to undo the damage that I did :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

will you get a grip

Kate what's yours?
    I'm Ben.

I was physically bullied by my best friend from 5-7 because I was smaller than him basically, and that messed me up for life.
    lol try your mum and all of her drug addict friends...

ReputationRep:
    You will get over it, I think I have got over mine, it dosn't happen over night, but I found when I dropped out of college to get away from the people I was at school with and started a new college a year later in a totaly different part of Manchester really helped.

I no longer suffer from depression, I just feel down some times, and there is a big difference.My dad suffered from it too, he is better now.

ReputationRep:
    lol try your mum and all of her drug addict friends...
    I was being serious.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can go and read a less depressing thread to undo the damage that I did :rolleyes:
    But the only not depressing ones get deleted .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    will you get a grip
    He's trying, can't you see

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.