Turn on thread page Beta

"everybody's changing and I don't know why" watch

I was also being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    You will get over it, I think I have got over mine, it dosn't happen over night, but I found when I dropped out of college to get away from the people I was at school with and started a new college a year later in a totaly different part of Manchester really helped.

I no longer suffer from depression, I just feel down some times, and there is a big difference.My dad suffered from it too, he is better now.

did you seek counselling or help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I was physically bullied by my best friend from 5-7 because I was smaller than him basically, and that messed me up for life.
    Have you discovered that it was the bullies in the wrong and not you yet? I didn't figure that one out to it was on the front page of the Manchester Evening News that one of people who used to bully me was shot dead over a drugs deal.

That in a nasty way made me feel happier about myself as he made my life hell at school.

ReputationRep:
    It's far too easy to "give in" and claim any one event has influenced your life.

ReputationRep:
    You will get over it, I think I have got over mine, it dosn't happen over night, but I found when I dropped out of college to get away from the people I was at school with and started a new college a year later in a totaly different part of Manchester really helped.

I no longer suffer from depression, I just feel down some times, and there is a big difference.My dad suffered from it too, he is better now.
    But I just feel like I'm in a loop. Every little thing I go through ever since the beginning has just altered my character a bit more, then a bit more, until I'm a completely different person. I've probably turned into a bit of a ******* now... actually no, I HAVE turned into a bit of a *******, and that just makes me hate myself, and blah blah blah blah blah...

ReputationRep:
    Have you discovered that it was the bullies in the wrong and not you yet? I didn't figure that one out to it was on the front page of the Manchester Evening News that one of people who used to bully me was shot dead over a drugs deal.

That in a nasty way made me feel happier about myself as he made my life hell at school.
    did they try to shoot you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    did you seek counselling or help?
    No, I just kind of had a breakdown, I would come home school lock myself away watching all the soaps and thats it. I was like this for about a year, the tutor that I used to have special lessons with because of my hearing was a great help though and I could always chat to her about my problems.

Its amazing what a change of envronment can do I am so much happier now at university.

ReputationRep:
    ian, not afriad your mum might read this??

ReputationRep:

Well I know why he bullied me. His dad bullied him so he wanted someone to bully back. We were genuinely friends, but then there was just times when he'd take me out to the garden to kick the crap out of me. I didn't have much choice though, coming from a small school where you couldn't really choose your friends. So it was all pretty crappy.

ReputationRep:
    But I just feel like I'm in a loop. Every little thing I go through ever since the beginning has just altered my character a bit more, then a bit more, until I'm a completely different person. I've probably turned into a bit of a ******* now... actually no, I HAVE turned into a bit of a *******, and that just makes me hate myself, and blah blah blah blah blah...
    have you ever tried self harm?

ReputationRep:
    I think you just need to get away from it, make new friends etc. What ever you don't blame youselfas it will make you feel worse.

I know I can be ******* to my friends at times (ignoring text messages etc).

Not funny, sore issue.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd be a pretty crap suicidal, manic-depressive if I hadn't :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    ian, not afriad your mum might read this??
    I've blocked access to UKL on her computer but I am too tired to care at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I've blocked access to UKL on her computer but I am too tired to care at the moment.
    lol clever!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you all come to realise now or in years to come that all you've been worrying about is relatively trivial. You'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should exercise my subscriber's rights and close this, because the whole mental illness thing is a bit close to home Sorry guys. Someone start a happy thread :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Not funny, sore issue.

why is that funny?? why do you have such a facetious attitude?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.