The Student Room Group

Should I study classics at A-level?

I'm starting college in September and I was wondering whether or not to choose Classics as one of my options. My other options are Fine Art, History and English Literature and I want to go on to study Art History at University and I still need to choose one more option.
Original post by Bea.m123
I'm starting college in September and I was wondering whether or not to choose Classics as one of my options. My other options are Fine Art, History and English Literature and I want to go on to study Art History at University and I still need to choose one more option.

Is your Classics more to do with Ancient History, Classical Language or Classical Civilization/Literature or is it a mixture of all of them?

I don't see why you can't do all 4 if you really want to! I did Classics at uni for 1 year and absolutely hated it without every studying it at A-level. I just had a super interest in it - like watching documentaries about it and stuff.

I don't see the problem of choosing it. So if you're interested in Classics, then go and pick it! It is defo interesting, but personally, I could't study it!

Quick Reply

Latest