MSc International Management (King's vs. Manchester)

Watch
Monika139
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everybody! I got offers from King's and Manchester for the MSc in International Management and really can’t decide. I have the impression that Manchester has a better business school but King’s hast the better overall reputation. I think I won't be staying in the UK after my master's but search for a job in Germany. As I am not from the UK, for me especially the factor "reputation" is quite hard to assess.
What do you think? Do you have the same impressions? Are there even some current MSc International Management students out there, who could tell me sth about their experiences (esp. about quality of teaching, assessments, facilities)?
LadyBugMery
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
King's College is an internationally well known brand. Manchester is a regional university, although it is true it has a good and more established business school.

To repeat what I said in another post

There is LinkedIn alumni group (that should help you have an idea of what people do after the master - mostly consulting, marketing and corporate finance jobs)https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2971828And this is the most recent Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/134986533516404/As discussed above, the School of Management & Business at King's is currently in foundation and supposed to be established at Bush House in the Aldwych Quarter. This course though is one of the most established one. There are core courses during first semester (in marketing, finance, strategy), then you can pick 3 elective courses during the second semester (in economics, entrepreneurship, and more exotic and specialized stuff like technology and work interaction, or marketing and technology).
h5s3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Monika139)
Hi everybody! I got offers from King's and Manchester for the MSc in International Management and really can’t decide. I have the impression that Manchester has a better business school but King’s hast the better overall reputation. I think I won't be staying in the UK after my master's but search for a job in Germany. As I am not from the UK, for me especially the factor "reputation" is quite hard to assess.
What do you think? Do you have the same impressions? Are there even some current MSc International Management students out there, who could tell me sth about their experiences (esp. about quality of teaching, assessments, facilities)?
Hi,

I study this course this year. In terms of job prospects, the King's name is great and if you plan to go back to Germany King's will have a stronger rep than Manchester. In Semester 1 you will study:

1) Comparative Management: basically looking at the economies of a few countries and production models, causes of the financial crisis- this module is good but the exam is difficult.
2) Finance and Accounting: This year this module was kind of pathetic, it was difficult teaching was poor however, and a big curve was used to adjust exam results, but next year this will be much improved based on what went on this year.
3) International Business Strategy: The best module and the exam is a case study exam so it's great.
4) International Marketing: This was tough but enjoyable, professor was lenient while marking presentations but tough in the exam.

Semester two you get to choose modules, but in terms of teaching quality it is ok, IBS has a great teacher, the rest are OK.

Assessments are tough- if you message me i can talk to you more about them. Facilities are also of a good standard, King's have everything you need and apparently next year they will be better because Management is moving to a new building opposite the strand campus. So king's would probably be a good choice- but it's a very academic course and not easy hence the 65% entry requirement!
sumzzzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thanks. I gonna enter this course upcoming semester.
I would be great if I can hear more comments about kings and this course from all of you!
LadyBugMery
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just let us know more specific questions and we will answer
swissy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone, New to this forum. I also applied to MSc Intl Management at King's and was wondering how long it took the admissions team to get back you with a decision?
swissy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I also applied to MSc Intl Management at King's and was wondering how long it took the admissions team to get back to you with a decision?
LadyBugMery
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are rounds of admission so I think you can get an offer every term.
sumzzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by swissy)
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I also applied to MSc Intl Management at King's and was wondering how long it took the admissions team to get back to you with a decision?
Just for your reference. In my case, it took me around 1.5 month after all of my referee sent their documents. Good luck to your application.
sumzzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LadyBugMery)
Just let us know more specific questions and we will answer
Thank you so much.
I would like to ask may I attend some joint-courses by UCL and IC during my master study?
swissy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sumzzzz)
Just for your reference. In my case, it took me around 1.5 month after all of my referee sent their documents. Good luck to your application.
Its been 7 weeks for me now and still waiting... What is your background/profile?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads