Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joodaa)
    Hey man really enjoying your blog it's very inspirational Just wondering how long did it take you to self teach yourself C4?? And is there specific resources you used?
    he is maths

ReputationRep:
    Hey man really enjoying your blog it's very inspirational Just wondering how long did it take you to self teach yourself C4?? And is there specific resources you used?
    Thanks a ton man! Your kind words mean a lot. Specific resources: nothing but Examsolutions! It's a life saver. Took me about 3/4 days but I had some of the knowledge from my GCSE, so a week or two should be tops for somebody who hasn't! Feel free to ask for help whenever you don't understand something, because you need to make sure you have 0 misconceptions for that unit!

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Ran through FP3 vectors, seems fairly straightforward. Attempted the first five mixed exercises, they went alright so I'm feeling confident. I'll go through the other 15 by tomorrow and then move on to the big part: Matrices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Thanks a ton man! Your kind words mean a lot. Specific resources: nothing but Examsolutions! It's a life saver. Took me about 3/4 days but I had some of the knowledge from my GCSE, so a week or two should be tops for somebody who hasn't! Feel free to ask for help whenever you don't understand something, because you need to make sure you have 0 misconceptions for that unit!
    Ahh no worries lad. Okay I'll give that a try and see how it goes. The likelihood is that I'll need your help but I'll see how much I can do first

ReputationRep:
    Ahh no worries lad. Okay I'll give that a try and see how it goes. The likelihood is that I'll need your help but I'll see how much I can do first
    That's not a problem! Don't mind helping out at all. - if you're the type to learn from notes, then sitting at your desk with examsolutions running as a lecture whilst you take notes might be worth a try. If not, just watch, do lots of practice, ask for help whenever you get stuck is the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Today was Saturday, so I gave myself half the day off. Woke up reasonably late, visited some family, played squash. I might get a spot of FP3 vectors done after dinner, I've got 11 mixed exercises left, the first 9 were okay, so I'm feeling fairly confident.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Today was Saturday, so I gave myself half the day off. Woke up reasonably late, visited some family, played squash. I might get a spot of FP3 vectors done after dinner, I've got 11 mixed exercises left, the first 9 were okay, so I'm feeling fairly confident.
    Squash - nice! I enjoy it but it tires me out sooo much ugh - What other sports do you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Squash - nice! I enjoy it but it tires me out sooo much ugh - What other sports do you play?
    Squash is awesome! You're sweating off your ass before you know it :lol: I used to play tennis, my dad plays golf but I never really got into it myself, seems like such a posh weird sport tbh, I've got a pool in my house so lots of swimming but that's not really a sport, play the occasional football with my neighbours.

You?

ReputationRep:
    Squash is awesome! You're sweating off your ass before you know it :lol: I used to play tennis, my dad plays golf but I never really got into it myself, seems like such a posh weird sport tbh, I've got a pool in my house so lots of swimming but that's not really a sport, play the occasional football with my neighbours.

You?
    Ooh very similar - I used to play tennis also when we lived in a complex with a court. Since then we've moved. Also of course the occasional football at a friend's house or something - but nothing major. And of course the cricket You're Indian, right?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh very similar - I used to play tennis also when we lived in a complex with a court. Since then we've moved. Also of course the occasional football at a friend's house or something - but nothing major. And of course the cricket You're Indian, right?
    I tried out cricket when it was offered in school, but didn't really enjoy it, too complicated for me. :lol: Nah, not Indian - born and raised Mauritian. We've got a big field outside the house, so football is really easy to play as long as we can find suitable sticks for posts.

ReputationRep:
    I tried out cricket when it was offered in school, but didn't really enjoy it, too complicated for me. :lol: Nah, not Indian - born and raised Mauritian. We've got a big field outside the house, so football is really easy to play as long as we can find suitable sticks for posts.
    Ah fair enough What do they play over there as the national sport? Over here in Qatar football is #1, and horse racing is a close second. And among the majority of the population who are Asian expats, it's cricket.

Fair enough! Sorry for being presumptive - I just assumed with Zain Patel Mauritian - That's awesome though!

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Look at Zacken actually doing book exercises

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough What do they play over there as the national sport? Over here in Qatar football is #1, and horse racing is a close second. And among the majority of the population who are Asian expats, it's cricket.

Fair enough! Sorry for being presumptive - I just assumed with Zain Patel Mauritian - That's awesome though!
    Oh yeah, you've got the world cup coming to you soon, right? Well, by soon, y'know. I don't think we have a national sport, we're so tiny and mixed. :dontknow: football is the most popular, I suppose, but we don't have any teams or anything.

Haha, no it's fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Look at Zacken actually doing book exercises
    Yep! - I only do the ones with the "E", though, but shhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    I had a bowling style similar to malinga. #yorkerrules

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, you've got the world cup coming to you soon, right? Well, by soon, y'know. I don't think we have a national sport, we're so tiny and mixed. :dontknow: football is the most popular, I suppose, but we don't have any teams or anything.

Haha, no it's fine!
    It's creeping up, yes! It's weird to think by the time I'm (hopefully) doing my masters, having graduated, the whole world will be watching the little country I grew up in!

Hmm okay Yeah our national team is full of expats who were given citizenship :rofl:

(Original post by Duke Glacia)
    I had a bowling style similar to malinga. #yorkerrules
    Me too!!!!! I've never seen a Japanese person playing cricket :3

ReputationRep:
    Yep! - I only do the ones with the "E", though, but shhhhh!
    The best ones to do are the ones at the very end without the E (if available) - cause you know they put those in as little challenges

ReputationRep:
    It's creeping up, yes! It's weird to think by the time I'm (hopefully) doing my masters, having graduated, the whole world will be watching the little country I grew up in!

Hmm okay Yeah our national team is full of expats who were given citizenship :rofl:

Me too!!!!! I've never seen a Japanese person playing cricket :3
    Punching a guys balls=hitting the middle stump

ReputationRep:
    The best ones to do are the ones at the very end without the E (if available) - cause you know they put those in as little challenges
    Ah, are they the ones in the mixed exercises at the end of every chapter? If so, I do all of those, the ellipse area one was fun.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, are they the ones in the mixed exercises at the end of every chapter? If so, I do all of those, the ellipse area one was fun.
    They are indeed :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.