ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    [Moved this here bc I felt bad dragging Ayman's blog off course ]
    Fair enough

I hear you get thumped on the head with a bible. :lol:
    Where did you get that from? :rofl:

Have you made your course choices yet? :eek:
    Not yet.
    But I've had a quick look through the guide to course units and so many of them sound interesting! :drool:

You're definitely doing well, I'd put money on that.
    Thanks bro! I'm optimistic but I know that it will be very difficult indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)

What modules have you completed and are currently doing
    Ooh right

AS: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

A2: (C4, D1, S2, M2, M3) - done, (FP2, FP3, M4, M5) - doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Ooh right

AS: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

A2: (C4, D1, S2, M2, M3) - done, (FP2, FP3, M4, M5) - doing
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn nice man! Didn't like stats? You applying for maths btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn nice man! Didn't like stats? You applying for maths btw?
    Thanks Nah engineering

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Finished FP3 vectors. Went through all 20 of the mixed exercises. Got it all correct except for Q15 where my method was wonky. I don't think I'd have thought of using area to find length, that'll teach me to draw more diagrams in the future! I've noticed that I get confused between which form of lines/planes they want me to give. I made the 'mistake' of writing the vector form of a line/plane as (r-a) x p = a x p and r.n = d instead of r = a + ub or r = a + ub + sc.

Did Ayman's vectors test, it was fairly straightforward. Got full marks on that, yay!

Otherwise - putting the work on pause for a bit, going out for dinner. Probably read over matrices and try some questions out when I'm back.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Finished FP3 vectors. Went through all 20 of the mixed exercises. Got it all correct except for Q15 where my method was wonky. I don't think I'd have thought of using area to find length, that'll teach me to draw more diagrams in the future! I've noticed that I get confused between which form of lines/planes they want me to give. I made the 'mistake' of writing the vector form of a line/plane as (r-a) x p = a x p and r.n = d instead of r = a + ub or r = a + ub + sc.

Did Ayman's vectors test, it was fairly straightforward. Got full marks on that, yay!

Otherwise - putting the work on pause for a bit, going out for dinner. Probably read over matrices and try some questions out when I'm back.
    genius.............Vectors in a day

bon appetite

ReputationRep:
    Update:

:woo:

Told you it was quite nice!

Matrices won't take much time, pretty nice and easy chapter!

Have a nice dinner - date night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    :woo:

Told you it was quite nice!

Matrices won't take much time, pretty nice and easy chapter!

Have a nice dinner - date night?
    Thanks.

Family.

ReputationRep:
    date night?
    laughable

ReputationRep:
    Matrices time! Will update once I've covered a fair bit. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Done more procrastinating than I should have, had lunch - covered 3\times 3 matrices, transpose and symmetric matrices, determinants of 3 \times 3 matrices as well as inverses of 3\times 3 matrices. I wasn't very impressed with the latter given the highly algorithmical way it was presented so I went off and learnt Jordan-Gauss which made intuitive sense and I could understand how using J-G led to the inverse. Unfortunately, I've been told that the usual algorithmical way to do is is asked for specifically in the exam, so I suppose I'll have to learn it now. It looks really tedious and messy.

A lot of the results so far make sense if you treat matrices as elements of a group, so for example: (AB)^{-1} = B^{-1}A^{-1} is a given. Knowing how/when to post/pre-multiply is also natural if you think in terms of groups. Overall, fairly happy so far - just need to skim through a bit more and I should be done with the chapter in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Covered linear transforms. Much of this chapter seems to be tedious calculation, I'm not enjoying it at all. I feel fairly confident with transforming point to points, lines to lines and planes to planes given non-singular transformation matrices. I'm still trying to come to intuitive grips with transforming planes to lines given singular matrix transforms. Finding the matrix version of an algebraic transform is okay as well, that one makes sense. Moving on to inverting linear transform now.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Covered linear transforms. Much of this chapter seems to be tedious calculation, I'm not enjoying it at all. I feel fairly confident with transforming point to points, lines to lines and planes to planes given non-singular transformation matrices. I'm still trying to come to intuitive grips with transforming planes to lines given singular matrix transforms. Finding the matrix version of an algebraic transform is okay as well, that one makes sense. Moving on to inverting linear transform now.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be funnier if I didn't know that you already understand and know all of this FP3 shiz.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be funnier if I didn't know that you already understand and know all of this FP3 shiz.
    I understand that it exists - and that's about it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I understand that it exists - and that's about it :laugh:
    That's enough for any mathematician.

ReputationRep:
    That's enough for any mathematician.
    If only :emo:

ReputationRep:
    If only :emo:
    Shhhh, we're engineers, we just need to apply it...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right! Yes!

Leave the hard work of getting there to those mathmos :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right! Yes!

Leave the hard work of getting there to those mathmos :rolleyes:
    Ganging up, are we? :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.