The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by tinkerbella~
Not that you'll ever get to find out :wink:

And I'm not weird enough to latex 'n' we both know that.

We both know the truth about that. :wink:

Do you know what LaTeX is? I'm impressed.
Original post by Zacken
We both know the truth about that. :wink:

Do you know what LaTeX is? I'm impressed.

In your dreams.

Oh cool, I love it when you're all condescending, really turns me on.
Reply 402
Original post by tinkerbella~
In your dreams.

Oh cool, I love it when you're all condescending, really turns me on.

I was more going for the patronising angle, but condescending works. :hat2:
Original post by Zacken
Update:

Had my tutoring session today, the little kids were okay on the whole. It was exceedingly exhausting, though. I'll be finishing off FP2 tonight/tomorrow with the mixed exercises.

You actually own an FP2 book!!!!
Reply 404
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You actually own an FP2 book!!!!

Ah shiz. I meant FP3, don't have FP2. :tongue:
Why do so many people hate on him geeez.
Original post by Zacken
Ah shiz. I meant FP3, don't have FP2. :tongue:

You finished the module in like a week. Well done. I'm finishing up too as soon as my mocks end this Thursday. Have you tried the further conics stuff from chapter 2's mixed exercise?
Reply 407
You finished the module in like a week. Well done. I'm finishing up too as soon as my mocks end this Thursday. Have you tried the further conics stuff from chapter 2's mixed exercise?

Was it a week or two? I can't remember. :eek: Yep, did all of the mixed exercises! I was really worried at the first 3 or so but then by the fourth question, I got the hang of it and it was strangely pleasing! :biggrin: Yourself?

I had a quick peek at exam papers and they seem nothing/nowhere near as hard as those questions. The exam papers seem to be more like FP1 parabolas/hyperbolas in style. "Find a tangent at this point, blah blah, area of this". Woot! Good luck on M3(?) tomorrow. :woo:
Original post by Zacken
Was it a week or two? I can't remember. :eek: Yep, did all of the mixed exercises! I was really worried at the first 3 or so but then by the fourth question, I got the hang of it and it was strangely pleasing! :biggrin: Yourself?

I had a quick peek at exam papers and they seem nothing/nowhere near as hard as those questions. The exam papers seem to be more like FP1 parabolas/hyperbolas in style. "Find a tangent at this point, blah blah, area of this". Woot! Good luck on M3(?) tomorrow. :woo:

I haven't finished the loci stuff yet, I need to brush up on those and finish the mixed exercises from chapter 5. Dylan told me they were really menacing so I'm scared of doing them :colondollar: But I will get to it starting on the 18th!

That is good news *phew*. Yep, M3 tomorrow and F2 day after but my fever makes it pretty difficult to revise. :frown: My school is really far away so commuting there takes the life out of me - imagine going in a bus full of screaming kids at 7 am. I'll be okay for M3 though!
Reply 409
I haven't finished the loci stuff yet, I need to brush up on those and finish the mixed exercises from chapter 5. Dylan told me they were really menacing so I'm scared of doing them :colondollar: But I will get to it starting on the 18th!

That is good news *phew*. Yep, M3 tomorrow and F2 day after but my fever makes it pretty difficult to revise. :frown: My school is really far away so commuting there takes the life out of me - imagine going in a bus full of screaming kids at 7 am. I'll be okay for M3 though!

Yikes! That's horrid, you shouldn't be revising, go to bed! :eek:

Chapter 5 is... vectors? They're surprisingly nice, not menacing at all! :smile:

Also, I'm very glad I sat S2 early, that FP3 clash does not look good! :no:
good god, those offers are insane
Original post by MeeranB

If anyone can get them tho, it's this guy
Original post by MeeranB

he's probably gonna get A*A*A* SSS, so...
Reply 413
Original post by MeeranB

They certainly look horrible. :redface: Thanks for the rep! :smile: What about yourself? Are you applying for uni this year too? :-)

Original post by Student403
If anyone can get them tho, it's this guy

he's probably gonna get A*A*A* SSS, so...

This is real friendship! You two are the best. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
They certainly look horrible. :redface: Thanks for the rep! :smile: What about yourself? Are you applying for uni this year too? :-)

This is real friendship! You two are the best. :biggrin:

:hugs: :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken

I'm a second year at warwick doing computer science :P, hoping for a 2.1, I'm not on your level xD
Reply 416
Original post by MeeranB

I'm a second year at warwick doing computer science :P, hoping for a 2.1, I'm not on your level xD

Definitely not... you're far above it! Second year CompSci at Warwick. :adore:
Reply 417
Starting with my STEP (II, 2003) mock! :woo:
Reply 418
Aaaand, mock's done - I gave up thirty minutes before the full three hours. I'll need to muster up the courage to mark it at some point. :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Aaaand, mock's done - I gave up thirty minutes before the full three hours. I'll need to muster up the courage to mark it at some point. :lol:

How did it go roughly speaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending