Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Just registered for FP2-3, S3 and Physics 4-6.

Looks like we're really doing this S3 thing, Ayman. :afraid:
    AYE I DID TOO. I just need to go to the bank and pay that disgusting exam fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Tell me about it. :no: - I'm also slightly nervous because my exam centre doesn't quite know about cashing in and stuff. I hope they get those sorted out.

On the plus side, they said that if I get my results and tell them I want to resit a module, they'll let me do it without charging the late fee as long as I tell them on the next day of getting my results.

Your school should pay. How much is the exam fee in Bangladesh?

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. :no: - I'm also slightly nervous because my exam centre doesn't quite know about cashing in and stuff. I hope they get those sorted out.

On the plus side, they said that if I get my results and tell them I want to resit a module, they'll let me do it without charging the late fee as long as I tell them on the next day of getting my results.
    Do the cashing in stuff yourself. My exams officer hasn't registered many people for further maths before, so he was extremely confused - he called me in and got me to do it for him. Have you cashed-in for anything this January? I'd suggest cashing-in AS-level Maths, A-level Maths, AS-level Further Maths and A-level Further Maths just so the Edexcel database gives you the best possible outcome (even though it won't make a difference 'cause you'll have 100 UMS in everything! ) I've cashed in all of these qualifications other than AS-level Maths. I don't mind if my M1 remains there.

The second bit is good news. I don't have that privilege, unfortunately. I'm sure you won't need to resit, but in case you want to, would you resit M3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marxist)
    Your school should pay. How much is the exam fee in Bangladesh?
    My school... pay...? HAHAHAHAHAH :rofl:

Nah, schools here don't pay our exam fees. We have to do it ourself.

The cost is pretty high, about 49 GDP per module.

My school... pay...? HAHAHAHAHAH :rofl:

Nah, schools here don't pay our exam fees. We have to do it ourself.

The cost is pretty high, about 49 GDP per module.
    Wow, that's insane.

ReputationRep:
    Do the cashing in stuff yourself. My exams officer hasn't registered many people for further maths before, so he was extremely confused - he called me in and got me to do it for him. Have you cashed-in for anything this January? I'd suggest cashing-in AS-level Maths, A-level Maths, AS-level Further Maths and A-level Further Maths just so the Edexcel database gives you the best possible outcome (even though it won't make a difference 'cause you'll have 100 UMS in everything! ) I've cashed in all of these qualifications other than AS-level Maths. I don't mind if my M1 remains there.

The second bit is good news. I don't have that privilege, unfortunately. I'm sure you won't need to resit, but in case you want to, would you resit M3?
    How am I supposed to cash in stuff myself? I just told them to cash in all my modules. Not sure what that means. I've got no clue what you're talking about. :afraid:

Ah, I've go no doubt that you'll need to resit anything! Nah, I wouldn't resit M3. It'd take too much work above having Physics A2 and STEP to do, I've got S3 to save the day and like I was telling 403 earlier, it'll just be a dent to my pride, I need to focus on meeting my offer instead of getting shiny UMS.

How am I supposed to cash in stuff myself? I just told them to cash in all my modules. Not sure what that means. I've got no clue what you're talking about. :afraid:

Ah, I've go no doubt that you'll need to resit anything! Nah, I wouldn't resit M3. It'd take too much work above having Physics A2 and STEP to do, I've got S3 to save the day and like I was telling 403 earlier, it'll just be a dent to my pride, I need to focus on meeting my offer instead of getting shiny UMS.
    That makes perfect sense now.

ReputationRep:

I can help you out with it if you'd like. There are certain cash-in codes that you have send in to Edexcel to get proper results. It's not a big deal, I'll just PM the ones you'll need.

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting an A* easily. Plus, if S3 goes your way, it makes it as if that M3 exam never took place.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, just shot an email off to my exam centre and told them that I want them to cash in A-Level and AS-Levels in M, FM and Physics. Mind explaining the difference (between cashing in AS-Level and A-Level or just A-Level) and how the thing works to me?

It'd be great if you could PM the cash in codes to me, I'll send it off to my (clueless) exam centre.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be doing any work tonight, so figured I might as well spam out and learn some S3 now. Will update every now and then with my thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be doing any work tonight, so figured I might as well spam out and learn some S3 now. Will update every now and then with my thoughts.
    Ooh fun! Getting lucky tonight, are we? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Ooh fun! Getting lucky tonight, are we? :sexface:
    Student403, meet my lovely right hand. Right hand, meet Student403... probably best not to shake hands though.

ReputationRep:
    sweet, I'm gonna start now too. I've done nothing all day

Student403, meet my lovely right hand. Right hand, meet Student403... probably best not to shake hands though.
    astagfirullah

ReputationRep:
    sweet, I'm gonna start now too. I've done nothing all day

astagfirullah
    Haraam. :no:

Awesome, I'm going to stop in 'bout ~half an hour. It's not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Haraam. :no:

Awesome, I'm going to stop in 'bout ~half an hour. It's not so bad.
    which numbers are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    which numbers are you doing?
    I've done:
    Didn't do any from 4A.
    4B: 1-6, 8, 11, 12

ReputationRep:
    I've done:
    Didn't do any from 4A.
    that's quite a few, but they look straightforward so it shouldn't be an issue. Silly question, but do you prefer \displaystyle \chi^{2} = \sum \frac{(O_{i}-E_{i})^{2}}{E_{i}} \ \text{or} \ \chi^{2} = \sum\left (\frac{O_{i}^{2}}{E_{i}}\right) -N?

ReputationRep:
    I've done:
    Didn't do any from 4A.
    M8 can u give me a hint for Q6 on 1997 STEP 3 thnx

ReputationRep:
    that's quite a few, but they look straightforward so it shouldn't be an issue. Silly question, but do you prefer \displaystyle \chi^{2} = \sum \frac{(O_{i}-E_{i})^{2}}{E_{i}} \ \text{or} \ \chi^{2} = \sum\left (\frac{O_{i}^{2}}{E_{i}}\right) -N?
    I don't, for the life of me remember the latter, so I use the former. :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.