Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    M8 can u give me a hint for Q6 on 1997 STEP 3 thnx
    You'll need to tell me what you have so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Student403, meet my lovely right hand. Right hand, meet Student403... probably best not to shake hands though.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    BEST GIF USE EVER! :rofl:

aymanzayedmannan have you watched it yet?

ReputationRep:
    BEST GIF USE EVER! :rofl:

Hahaha I read your post and immediately thought of it

Ooh yes aymanzayedmannan seen the most successful R rated movie of all time yet?

ReputationRep:

teenage fantasy

You'll need to tell me what you have so far?
    can u tell me what y_n (1)=1 mean ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    can u tell me what y_n (1)=1 mean ?
    The function y_n evaluated at 1 outputs 1.

ReputationRep:
    The function y_n evaluated at 1 outputs 1.
    Zacken im unable to go beyond
    y=cos(n\theta)+Bsin(n\theta)
    then y_0 =1

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yes aymanzayedmannan seen the most successful R rated movie of all time yet?
    still downloading xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    still downloading xD
    Awww in IMAX it was amazing :c

ReputationRep:
    Been a quiet day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    still downloading xD
    Watched it yet?

Been a quiet day
    Ooh, yeah. I've been very unproductive recently. Thanks for this. I'll put up a post tonight!

By the way, results day is approaching...

ReputationRep:
    Watched it yet?

Ooh, yeah. I've been very unproductive recently. Thanks for this. I'll put up a post tonight!

Scary :afraid:
    Sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    Scary :afraid:
    Sounds good!
    Had a look over the Physics spec, doesn't seem too bad. :eek: Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

ReputationRep:
    Had a look over the Physics spec, doesn't seem too bad. :eek: Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.
    If I'm honest I don't understand how people are so good at maths but struggle with physics. It's really not that hard

ReputationRep:
    If I'm honest I don't understand how people are so good at maths but struggle with physics. It's really not that hard
    I feel like I'd be better at 'proper' physics. I took some online courses a year ago and we were discussing lots of stuff and using some proper calculus and maths and I managed quite a good grade in that. But the A-Level scraps all the calculus out of Physics and I cringe at the Edexcel textbook, it's so ew. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'd be better at 'proper' physics. I took some online courses a year ago and we were discussing lots of stuff and using some proper calculus and maths and I managed quite a good grade in that. But the A-Level scraps all the calculus out of Physics and I cringe at the Edexcel textbook, it's so ew. :lol:
    Oh yeah I hate the textbook. Our teacher is an Edexcel examiner and he hates it too. So we literally just use his dictated notes from class and past papers. If you'd like to see any let me know

ReputationRep:
    Watched it yet?

Nah man, not yet It feels wrong without watching it on the big screen.

What have you done this weekend? Results in like 3 days! :puke: Will you be receiving them too?

Agreed - proper physics is all about maths and statistics, I don't see how A-level physics teaches any useful skills for proper physics, beyond getting used to experiments going wrong. I do AQA, its mostly about describing relationships between physical variables in words, or plugging numbers into equations without any clue where the equation came from. The majority of my physics class doesn't study A-level maths! Before AS-level, I was undecided about Physics vs Maths at Uni... but AS Physics really put me off doing Physics at Uni.

Imo, the mechanics part of A-level(s) maths, should become a new A-level of its own: Physics for Scientists, and the current Physics A-levels become Physics for Laymen or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Agreed - proper physics is all about maths and statistics, I don't see how A-level physics teaches any useful skills for proper physics, beyond getting used to experiments going wrong. I do AQA, its mostly about describing relationships between physical variables in words, or plugging numbers into equations without any clue where the equation came from. A major factor in me choosing maths at Uni, rather than physics.

Imo, the mechanics part of A-level(s) maths, should become a new A-level of its own: Physics for Scientists, and the current Physics A-levels become Physics for Laymen or something.
    OMG Imagine a common A level where you had to do M1-M5 :love: That would be beautiful

OMG Imagine a common A level where you had to do M1-M5 :love: That would be beautiful
    :drool:
    :dice:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.