Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Zaken once tried to integrate to find the area of his ****, only to stop in horror upon finding out that the upper limit was epsilon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    U sayin it's 2D????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    U sayin it's 2D????
    It can be considered to have 0 dimensions, he traded penis size for maths intuition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    It can be considered to have 0 dimensions, he traded penis size for maths intuition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is so funny

ReputationRep:
    physicsmaths and Zacken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvm8SjCNKgE

From 6:24 and onwards, is the way he is doing it correct? Shouldn't he be using the Quotient Rule? I have no idea what he's done there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity999)
    physicsmaths and Zacken

From 6:24 and onwards, is the way he is doing it correct? Shouldn't he be using the Quotient Rule? I have no idea what he's done there.
    What the **** is this guy doing? His "simplification" at 6:23 is all wrong, he shouldn't be allowed to do maths...

physicsmaths and Zacken

WTF!!

physicsmaths and Zacken

If this is the Max. Power Transfer Theorem, there is a step where you use the quotient rule. What on earth is he doing there?

(Original post by Zacken)
    What the **** is this guy doing? His "simplification" at 6:23 is all wrong, he shouldn't be allowed to do maths...
    Laughing so hard right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Laughing so hard right now
    I was hoping it'd be a joke video or something. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping it'd be a joke video or something. :erm:
    Unfortunately, this guys teaches at my school and said I couldn't get into Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, this guys teaches at my school and said I couldn't get into Oxbridge.
    Bloody hell... anyway:

\displaystyle P = \frac{\epsilon^2 R}{(R+r)^2} \Rightarrow \frac{ \mathrm{d}P }{ \mathrm{d}R } = \frac{(R+r)^2\frac{ \mathrm{d} }{ \mathrm{d}R } \left(\epsilon^2 R\right) - \epsilon^2 R\frac{\mathrm{d}}{\mathrm{d}R } \left((R+r)^2\right)}{(R+r)^4}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marxist)
    If this is the Max. Power Transfer Theorem, there is a step where you use the quotient rule. What on earth is he doing there?
    It is wrong and my maths teacher said the same. This is the max power theorem, yes. I am ahead of the class so I asked him to do it.

ReputationRep:
    It is wrong and my maths teacher said the same. This is the max power theorem, yes. I am ahead of the class so I asked him to do it.
    go slap his **** tommorow.
    :rofl:

Okay so you're looking for the maximum; after I did the quotient rule, my final results turns out to be R=r after setting dP/dR=0. If you get this, then there should be no problem. And you can meet your conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so you're looking for the maximum; after I did the quotient rule, my final results turns out to be R=r after setting dP/dR=0. If you get this, then there should be no problem. And you can meet your conclusion.
    Right, that makes sense now. I got the same result as Zacken did for the derivative. And would I need to do the second derivative to show that it is a maximum?

ReputationRep:
    And would I need to do the second derivative to show that it is a maximum?
    Yeah, that'd be a good idea.

Right, that makes sense now. I got the same result as Zacken did for the derivative. And would I need to do the second derivative to show that it is a maximum?
    Use R sub s = R sub l instead, makes life easier!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that'd be a good idea.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Use R sub s = R sub l instead, makes life easier!
    Thanks! Oh, I see what you mean. One for internal and one for sum?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    He's replied to my comment. :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.