Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I love Physics, I just hate the *******isation called A-Level Physics.

Yeah, relative motion is quite nice. It was in my GCSE, it just takes some practise. Elastic collisions is quite nice, I accidentally learnt some of it, along with variable mass. Ooh, SHM from M3 was my strong point, you just needed a strong conceptualisation of the extensions stuff and equilibriums, once it clicks it's awesome. Good luck!
    It's like I don't even know you anymore :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I need to try and get some Physics done tonight.

In other news, I did the 2008 adapted FP2 paper, not as a mock or anything but just as practice and it went fairly well. I need to keep my FP and S3 skills sharp. I also need to do III, 2005 either tomorrow or on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    I need to try and get some Physics done tonight.

In other news, I did the 2008 adapted FP2 paper, not as a mock or anything but just as practice and it went fairly well. I need to keep my FP and S3 skills sharp. I also need to do III, 2005 either tomorrow or on Wednesday.
    Damn nice job!

On the topic of Physics, got my physics mock back - full UMS :'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Damn nice job!

On the topic of Physics, got my physics mock back - full UMS :'D
    Dayuuuum! What unit?

ReputationRep:
    Dayuuuum! What unit?
    We do 6 - it's a hell of a lot easier than 3!

I've been meaning to ask - how did you revise all the practicals for U3? Cause I assume you didn't carry them all out yourself :0 it must have been super tough!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster

I've been meaning to ask - how did you revise all the practicals for U3? Cause I assume you didn't carry them all out yourself :0 it must have been super tough!
    Congratulations

I assume he did written version

ReputationRep:

Well done!

I did this kind of paper: https://605600fdb9b4c87e3bb519cd6ec9...%20Physics.pdf - so no actual practicals but there was a hell of a lot of experiments (like 27 of them or so, lol) that you had to know vaguely about. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Congratulations

I assume he did written version
    Thanks!

Well done!

I did this kind of paper: https://605600fdb9b4c87e3bb519cd6ec9...%20Physics.pdf - so no actual practicals but there was a hell of a lot of experiments (like 27 of them or so, lol) that you had to know vaguely about. :afraid:
    Thanks

Nah I know - I did the same alternative to practical paper. But the thing is, I found having carried out the practicals in class during the year meant that I knew them a lot better. Quite often I imagined how hard it would be if I hadn't done them myself.. You really pick up the niches of the practicals when you have to do them yourself! So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah I know - I did the same alternative to practical paper. But the thing is, I found having carried out the practicals in class during the year meant that I knew them a lot better. Quite often I imagined how hard it would be if I hadn't done them myself.. You really pick up the niches of the practicals when you have to do them yourself! So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:
    Not going to lie, I completely forgot about this unit till a few days before the actual exam, found some PDF about each one of the twenty seven experiments and stayed up till 5 a.m in the morning before my exam memorising as much of the crap as I could. :lol: The only experiment I'd done was the value of gravity one using the graph of s v/s t^2 and I know that experiment so well having done it myself, so I understand what you mean by "knowing them a lot better" but alas the U3 papers were bit of a hell, not sure how I managed to scrape the UMS I did tbh lots of blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:
    Nothing is hard for Zacken.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is hard for Zacken.
    :perv:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:
    This tends to work for me for biology. I know a fact and I blag a lot of filler.

ReputationRep:
    This tends to work for me for biology. I know a fact and I blag a lot of filler.
    Yep, pretty much. I'm hoping it'll work for the next three Physics units.

ReputationRep:
    :perv:
    I'm hard for Zacken
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm sorry :rofl:

Not going to lie, I completely forgot about this unit till a few days before the actual exam, found some PDF about each one of the twenty seven experiments and stayed up till 5 a.m in the morning before my exam memorising as much of the crap as I could. :lol: The only experiment I'd done was the value of gravity one using the graph of s v/s t^2 and I know that experiment so well having done it myself, so I understand what you mean by "knowing them a lot better" but alas the U3 papers were bit of a hell, not sure how I managed to scrape the UMS I did tbh lots of blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:
    Sounds a bit like me but hey hard work paid off!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Yep, pretty much. I'm hoping it'll work for the next three Physics units.
    I started working again last week on Chemistry. This week is biology. Should really update my blog. Jelly of the activity on urs.

Have you started Physics?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I'm hard for Zacken
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Not sorry

Nah, you're a hard worker .

ReputationRep:
    I'm hard for Zacken
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Somebody isn't going to be happy about that.

I just read through the Unit 5 spec for Physics, it looks like hell. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you're a hard worker .
    Then that makes three of us :five:

ReputationRep:
    I started working again last week on Chemistry. This week is biology. Should really update my blog. Jelly of the activity on urs.
    Mine's been offline for 2/3 days now, definitely dying out

Have you started Physics?
    Kind of, I guess? Nothing substantial yet. Looks like A2 is going to require far more work than AS and I can't find any resources to learn it either, so definitely need to look harder.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody isn't going to be happy about that.

I just read through the Unit 5 spec for Physics, it looks like hell. :afraid:
    :teehee: who might that be? :rolleyes:

Tbh U5 is a lot of fun. Discussions about nukes and North Korea in terms of fundamental particles... Space travel and time warping.. THAT'S what I call physics :yep:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.