Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    When I did that paper I found Q4 a walk in the part but I didn't understand Q3.

Complex numbers are my weakness.
    They are mine as well, but that question had very little to do with complex numbers and was just understanding their given definitions.

BTW, you never replied to my post yesterday about III 2005?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    They are mine as well, but that question had very little to do with complex numbers and was just understanding their given definitions.

BTW, you never replied to my post yesterday about III 2005?
    Maybe ill give that question another go later.

And yeah your solution was correct, for some reason I didn't think about simplifying into  u and  \dfrac{d}{u} .

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Omg your story is really interesting... 7A* and 1A is perfect - even here in the Middle East
    Now that you teach yourself, do you learn everything out of your textbooks, by watching videos or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayahhh)
    Omg your story is really interesting... 7A* and 1A is perfect - even here in the Middle East
    Now that you teach yourself, do you learn everything out of your textbooks, by watching videos or..?
    Mainly by watching videos, but honestly, just do maths - that's how you learn.

ReputationRep:
    Mainly by watching videos, but honestly, just do maths - that's how you learn.
    Talking about doing maths, please would you look over my solution to a Putnam question later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Talking about doing maths, please would you look over my solution to a Putnam question later?
    You did a putnam question? :rofl: - Sure, no problemo (if I can even wrap my head around it... )

ReputationRep:
    You did a putnam question? :rofl: - Sure, no problemo (if I can even wrap my head around it... )
    haha well it seemed a little challenging but wasnt too bad, isnt it the Americans version of STEP/ Olympiad sort of stuff?

ReputationRep:
    haha well it seemed a little challenging but wasnt too bad, isnt it the Americans version of STEP/ Olympiad sort of stuff?
    It's aimed at American undergraduates. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    oh haha well I thought it was strange they required you to know about Cayley-Hamilton theorem (atleast I needed it for my solution, perhaps missed an easier way)

ReputationRep:
    oh haha well I thought it was strange they required you to know about Cayley-Hamilton theorem (atleast I needed it for my solution, perhaps missed an easier way)
    EnglishMuon at King's: Zain, mate - the worst thing happened. I was writing my shopping list and accidentally solved the Riemann Hypothesis. fml why does this happen to me

ReputationRep:
    EnglishMuon at King's: Zain, mate - the worst thing happened. I was writing my shopping list and accidentally solved the Riemann Hypothesis. fml why does this happen to me

PRSOM :rofl: Im literally crying XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishmuon)
    talking about doing maths, please would you look over my solution to a putnam question later?
    wtf dude

ReputationRep:
    Tbh that may as well include you guys, looking at the kind of things you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    wtf dude
    I dont think it was one of the hard ones. It helped that I was talking to Zain about some of the theorems I used only a couple days ago

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it was one of the hard ones. It helped that I was talking to Zain about some of the theorems I used only a couple days ago
    The name's still Putnam

ReputationRep:
    How did you revise the month before?

ReputationRep:
    I will have a look. I like putnam ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I will have a look. I like putnam ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks ill write it up in a min

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ill write it up in a min
    Wat problem is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wat problem is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    problem B3 on 2015 paper

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.