Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CALLING ALL RADA STUDENTS! Help is needed! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What courses should i take if i want to apply at RADA, the truth about the auditions and any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
    RickmanAlways

ReputationRep:
    Firstly,if you are coming straight from secondary school don't be put off by rejection first time round. RADA believe in 'life experience' so are not huge fans of 18 year old - though there are exceptions. I would definitely still audition at 18 as it allows you to prepare for the next year.

One student I know went to audition at 18 and was given a list of things to do and come back in 5 years. The list included things like travel Europe, get an office job and loose 3 pounds. He did all of these things, came back after 5 years and got a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie-hh)
    Firstly,if you are coming straight from secondary school don't be put off by rejection first time round. RADA believe in 'life experience' so are not huge fans of 18 year old - though there are exceptions. I would definitely still audition at 18 as it allows you to prepare for the next year.

One student I know went to audition at 18 and was given a list of things to do and come back in 5 years. The list included things like travel Europe, get an office job and loose 3 pounds. He did all of these things, came back after 5 years and got a place.
    This is really good, short and concise. Thank You

ReputationRep:

He was told to lose weight?!
    Smh what is this industry :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacwanda28)
    Yeah I completely get it

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's pretty bad. I feel that actors suppose to be fat and play stereotypical roles or very thin and fit. Being a normal sized human doesn't go down well in the industry sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's pretty bad. I feel that actors suppose to be fat and play stereotypical roles or very thin and fit. Being a normal sized human doesn't go down well in the industry sometimes
    it's ridiculous
    if you had low self esteem anyways, how could you survive in this industry?

ReputationRep:
    it's ridiculous
    if you had low self esteem anyways, how could you survive in this industry?
    Who knows....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.