Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if someone could help me decide on which student accommodation plan should i choose, as there are plenty of options. Perhaps past or current students might help me with this issue.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What do you mean by plan?

In the application you get to put 1 or 2 preferences e.g. proximity + your price range, then they decide for you I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    What do you mean by plan?

In the application you get to put 1 or 2 preferences e.g. proximity + your price range, then they decide for you I'm afraid
    I cannot still decide between Astor College and Ramsay Hall. Can you give me some tips/help in this matter?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sebast97)
    I cannot still decide between Astor College and Ramsay Hall. Can you give me some tips/help in this matter?
    You won't be able to choose between them, or any of them I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to choose between them, or any of them I'm afraid.
    Well, I see that I can apply to either of them, doesn't that mean that I can choose between those two? How is actually the application process for accommodation?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, I see that I can apply to either of them, doesn't that mean that I can choose between those two? How is actually the application process for accommodation?
    I'm pretty sure the application is the same - you put down preferences like proximity and your budget then you're assigned a place.

There isn't anywhere to choose any particular accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the application is the same - you put down preferences like proximity and your budget then you're assigned a place.

There isn't anywhere to choose any particular accommodation.
    Do you know then the application process starts? March?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do you know then the application process starts? March?
    No idea. I applied back in '11. Email them.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer yesterday and do I have to firm UCL in order to pick the preference for my accommodation?
    And how long do I have to wait to fill that preference in after I firm them?
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.