The Student Room Group

Sleeping problems

Basically, when I dont have school, I wake up late and go to bed even later, as you can see its 2am and Im not even remotely tired, infact Im just about to START revising. I wouldnt normally mind about this, but if Im sleeping like this for a week and then suddenly have an exam(this thursday for example) then I only get 1-2 hours sleep if Im lucky. Anyone have any tips on sorting this out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go to bed early. Chances are you'll fall asleep early.
Drink milk. It has a drowzing effect.
Wank. It makes you tired.
ZJuwelH

wanking actually does, i can confirm that - have a vigorous session
Reply 3
ZJuwelH

Think Ill give milk a try, anything else?
i got to bed at 11.30 last night, read notes till 1am and fell asleep at 5.30
Reply 5
John Paul Jones
wanking actually does, i can confirm that - have a vigorous session

Yeh, great, do you not think Ive tried it already? I end up just wanking all night in an attempt to sleep :smile:
Reply 6
I do the same thing (stay up at night).. the only thing that works for me is getting up early, regularly, but then I can't be bothered to break the cycle and spend a day feeling dead.
imasillynarb
Yeh, great, do you not think Ive tried it already? I end up just wanking all night in an attempt to sleep :smile:

what about the thrusting? does it not tire you? shatters me
Reply 8
F. Poste
I do the same thing.. the only thing that works for me is getting up early, regularly, but then I can't be bothered to break the cycle and spend a day feeling dead.

Exactly, If I do this(like today) I just fall asleep for a few hours to stop myself feeling like shit
Reply 9
imasillynarb
Basically, when I dont have school, I wake up late and go to bed even later, as you can see its 2am and Im not even remotely tired, infact Im just about to START revising. I wouldnt normally mind about this, but if Im sleeping like this for a week and then suddenly have an exam(this thursday for example) then I only get 1-2 hours sleep if Im lucky. Anyone have any tips on sorting this out?

I am EXACTLY THE SAME these days! Im sitting now with a bowl of shreddies watchin big brother and reading my chemistry notes for thursday!!! Go to bed late and get up late. It seems our body clocks have been wreched forward by 4 hours!! Oh well....summer's nearly here!
Reply 10
John Paul Jones
what about the thrusting? does it not tire you? shatters me

Thrusting? And that would make me physically tired rather than mentally..surely?
Reply 11
imasillynarb
Exactly, If I do this(like today) I just fall asleep for a few hours to stop myself feeling like shit

Me too :frown: I did it this morning, I got up at 8 okay and then I ate my breakfast, sat in bed with a book and fell asleep again til 12. Defeated the object!
imasillynarb
Thrusting? And that would make me physically tired rather than mentally..surely?

can you not go to sleep being physically tired rather than mentally?? however i do have the problem of going through my notes in my head before bed
Reply 13
Thinking keeps one awake. Gentle "daydreaming" is a way to kick off the dreaming (and hence sleeping) process. And it coincides nicely with the wanking part if that's the way you want it.
Reply 14
vinny2256
I am EXACTLY THE SAME these days! Im sitting now with a bowl of shreddies watchin big brother and reading my chemistry notes for thursday!!! Go to bed late and get up late. It seems our body clocks have been wreched forward by 4 hours!! Oh well....summer's nearly here!

AQA Chemistry on thursday?
Reply 15
piginapoke
Pull an all nighter. By tomorrow night you'll be buggered and go to bed early. Then you can get up early and the cycle is restored.

Yeh but Im a lightweight and only last till about 11am/12pm and Im just totally shagged and collapse :frown:
Reply 16
its 2:32am and i aint slept since friday at about 1pm and aint slept from then till well prob tomorrow, i just dont wanna go to bed.

p.s. even on friday i had 2 hours sleep
Reply 17
polljk
its 2:32am and i aint slept since friday at about 1pm and aint slept from then till well prob tomorrow, i just dont wanna go to bed.

p.s. even on friday i had 2 hours sleep

What are you on and Why aren't you sharing?!
Reply 18
Da blob
What are you on and Why aren't you sharing?!

i'm on msn, outwar and this :P
Go to sleep people, this really is beyond pathetic - I'm now tired, so anybody who isn't must be one of the following:
a) intensely stressed
b) depressed
c) constantly dogged by exams
d) a hybrid of some/all of the above

Good night!

Latest

Trending

Trending