Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Go to sleep people, this really is beyond pathetic - I'm now tired, so anybody who isn't must be one of the following:
    a) intensely stressed
    b) depressed
    c) constantly dogged by exams
    d) a hybrid of some/all of the above

Good night!
    all the above apart from exams,
    done mine :P

ReputationRep:
    sorry peeps but im gonna go to bed.
    the orniments keep talking to me

take it easy, :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with sleeping too. Methinks insominia. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I swear I didn't even get an hours sleep last night And I have an exam in an hour. Bring on the coffeee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I swear I didn't even get an hours sleep last night And I have an exam in an hour. Bring on the coffeee!
    Amen to coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Where would I be without it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I don't *think* I did. I could be mistaken. At one point I think I was dreaming of playing Euchre (card game) with one of my friends... bizarrely. I was getting uncanny deals and kept winning

I suggest aromatherapy & meditation I have some herbal remedies for sleeping that are effective, you might try going to boots and getting something called valerian. But that's only if you're desperate. If you can't sleep you'll only go insane!

I have a sleeping problem...officially.

I just get used to not sleeping much, but if your reason unlike mine is something that can be helped then count sheep.

ReputationRep:
    **** three times a day, or drink some alcohol (maybe 2 shots of Jagermeister) - i guarantee you'll then sleep like a baby

(Original post by Cyclone666)
    **** three times a day, or drink some alcohol (maybe 2 shots of Jagermeister) - i guarantee you'll then sleep like a baby
    Doesn't work for me, even if i do more than three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    I **** three times a day and it doesnt help,

ReputationRep:
    I always doubted visual imagery as an aid to get to sleep, but then I concentrated on building a peaceful beach in my mind, and it really relaxed me ... As long as you are comfortable and can channel your thoughts, there is no reason you can't sleep within an hour of deciding you want to do so.

Sleep is fast becoming one of my favorite activities, I am actively trying to break my record of over 15 hours of continuous sleep without having missed sleep the night before... Also, reading up on lucid dreaming, a very interesting subject, if you get into that stuff, then sleeping will be a very pleasurable / creative / productive time. Anyone ever tried this stuff??

W.

ReputationRep:
    ^
    dont do it soon before you plan to go to sleep as your heart rate will rise quiet highly and you wont find sleeping possible
    i guess the best advice is to not worry about anything or try reading clintons new book

Take melatonin. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've had a sleeping problem for the last 4 or so years. I stay up until 7am. Fall asleep and then wake up at 5am. I can't break out of the cycle.
    If I do an all-nighter and then go to bed at like 9pm, because I'm so knackered I sleep until like 2pm the next day.

I've not woken up in the "morning" morning in about 5 months? I also tend to sleep for 12+ hours at a time, no matter how many alarms and stuff I have I don't hear them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I've had a sleeping problem for the last 4 or so years. I stay up until 7am. Fall asleep and then wake up at 5am. I can't break out of the cycle.
    If I do an all-nighter and then go to bed at like 9pm, because I'm so knackered I sleep until like 2pm the next day.

I've not woken up in the "morning" morning in about 5 months? I also tend to sleep for 12+ hours at a time, no matter how many alarms and stuff I have I don't hear them.
    Falling asleep at 7am and waking up at 5am. That must be a hard life, only being awake for 2 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    I've just acclimatised myself to my weird sleeping patterns.

The Zopiclone stopped working ages ago although it does give me a nice 'floaty' feeling. Plus I'm on efexor which should help but doesn't. Officially an insomniac.

The worst thing is I have a cat and if there's one thing cats don't suffer from it's insomnia so I have to spend the night watching her as she sleeps smugly at the end of my bed.

Maybe a sledgehammer would work....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Falling asleep at 7am and waking up at 5am. That must be a hard life, only being awake for 2 hours a day.
    Lol whoops, just spotted that! I meant 5pm.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly sleep as it is and now im on holidays. I do however take a siesta everyday, in the afternoons on a week end or just lie down under a gum tree somewhere at lunch time at school with my blazer as a pillow, its lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I hardly sleep as it is and now im on holidays. I do however take a siesta everyday, in the afternoons on a week end or just lie down under a gum tree somewhere at lunch time at school with my blazer as a pillow, its lovely!
    Random question but does it ever snow in australia? And if so, is it now because it's winter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Random question but does it ever snow in australia? And if so, is it now because it's winter?
    Yeah, snows all the time up in the Snowey Mountains Southern NSW and Victoria and Tasmania... and Yes, its becuase its Winter. And bloody cold for me, I smashed up my kneelast night becuase I clipped the sliding door trying to get inside form the cold.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.