Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my A level exams in English Literature, Geography and Law. I don't think any of them are MM subjects - though I will agree, in comparison to other subjects Law is easier. The content is huge but it is understandable - nothing complicated about it. :rolleyes:
    I can't believe anyone could even say that History was an MM!! It is one of the most respected subjects around!! And I think you cannot diss Music..i've heard that it is v. heard to get the top grades in it.
    Last yr, the BBC said that the highest pass rates and easiest subjects were things like Sociology and Psychology. I must admit, psychology, though it may be challenging to some extent - in my college the pass rate for A - C was over 70%. So it could not have been too difficult.

Is it just me, or do you really get annoyed when the media aorund results time starts to diss us students saying that the boundries are too low, that nobody are taking proper subjects, and that it's easier to get A's now than 10 yrs ago...! it does my head in as it undermines the hard work we have put in to get them! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Last yr, the BBC said that the highest pass rates and easiest subjects were things like Sociology and Psychology. I must admit, psychology, though it may be challenging to some extent - in my college the pass rate for A - C was over 70%. So it could not have been too difficult.
    You can't link pass rates to easiness. Latin and Greek have very high pass rates but are comparatively difficult at A-level.

(Original post by d750)
    You can't link pass rates to easiness. Latin and Greek have very high pass rates but are comparatively difficult at A-level.
    Maths has the highest at A2 but there are reasons for that little stat. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    i suppose... with different examining boards... its not really easy to make a comparison like this... i do ocr economics... sypnoptic was a dead hard... only needed 61% in it for an A (i should have retaken other eco exams some ppl only needed 47% in it!!!) but i dont think ill make it
    edexcel physics, IMO has been kind of piss easy so far... well sypnoptic is a bit challenging... but other than that the other 5 modules are like a walk through the park
    I do edexcel everything! And the economics synoptic again requires less work than the physics, I am vvvvv worried about monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logarithm)
    What about your Maths marks, how do they compare?
    Better than physics. hmm, ah well biology was the worst.

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Better than physics. hmm, ah well biology was the worst.
    So Bio was only 85% then?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    So Bio was only 85% then?!?
    81%...actually :cool: Just scraped an A, and a lucky scrape at that.

ReputationRep:
    I got 10 million percent :cool:

81%...actually :cool: Just scraped an A, and a lucky scrape at that.
    Don't be modest I'm sure you deserved that 2%...

PS - Have you seen Bosslady's sig, if I were more certain about my sexuality then I'd be offended :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    PS - Have you seen Bosslady's sig, if I were more certain about my sexuality then I'd be offended :rolleyes:
    Are you Superman?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be modest I'm sure you deserved that 2%...

Wel she's only telling the truth Look at my sig!!!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't regard Politics being a mm subject. At the beginning of AS i found it quite difficult to get used to as i had never taken a subject like it before, but as the year went on it did get easier and do be perfectly honest a monkey could do it, lol But now in A2 it is completely different, alot more interesting, but a bit harder and you do study a bit of economics too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Are you Superman?
    You mean Leekey also parades around in ridculous costumes and dons pants on top of his leggings? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You mean Leekey also parades around in ridculous costumes and dons pants on top of his leggings? :eek:
    SuperLeekey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    SuperLeekey!
    ROTFL - that makes him sound like he has a bladder problem...

Edit: New brand of hosiery

ROTFL - that makes him sound like he has a bladder problem...
    Funniest thing ever said on this forum (and I've been knocking about here for a while)!!!

ReputationRep:
    My ability to transform otherwise sensible threads into complete nonsense astounds even myself

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, Shiny hijacked again...

Myst - By chance, are these friends off to Edinburgh sweet young girlies or am I going to be harrased by big hair blokes looking for a play thing. :rolleyes:

Whoops, Shiny hijacked again...
    God were good....

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.