This discussion is closed.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've just finished my A level exams in English Literature, Geography and Law. I don't think any of them are MM subjects - though I will agree, in comparison to other subjects Law is easier. The content is huge but it is understandable - nothing complicated about it. :rolleyes:
I can't believe anyone could even say that History was an MM!! It is one of the most respected subjects around!! And I think you cannot diss Music..i've heard that it is v. heard to get the top grades in it.
Last yr, the BBC said that the highest pass rates and easiest subjects were things like Sociology and Psychology. I must admit, psychology, though it may be challenging to some extent - in my college the pass rate for A - C was over 70%. So it could not have been too difficult.

Is it just me, or do you really get annoyed when the media aorund results time starts to diss us students saying that the boundries are too low, that nobody are taking proper subjects, and that it's easier to get A's now than 10 yrs ago...! it does my head in as it undermines the hard work we have put in to get them! :mad:
d750
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
Last yr, the BBC said that the highest pass rates and easiest subjects were things like Sociology and Psychology. I must admit, psychology, though it may be challenging to some extent - in my college the pass rate for A - C was over 70%. So it could not have been too difficult.
You can't link pass rates to easiness. Latin and Greek have very high pass rates but are comparatively difficult at A-level.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by d750)
You can't link pass rates to easiness. Latin and Greek have very high pass rates but are comparatively difficult at A-level.
Maths has the highest at A2 but there are reasons for that little stat. :rolleyes:
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by S1M)
i suppose... with different examining boards... its not really easy to make a comparison like this... i do ocr economics... sypnoptic was a dead hard... only needed 61% in it for an A (i should have retaken other eco exams some ppl only needed 47% in it!!!) but i dont think ill make it
edexcel physics, IMO has been kind of piss easy so far... well sypnoptic is a bit challenging... but other than that the other 5 modules are like a walk through the park
I do edexcel everything! And the economics synoptic again requires less work than the physics, I am vvvvv worried about monday...
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Logarithm)
What about your Maths marks, how do they compare?
Better than physics. hmm, ah well biology was the worst.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Better than physics. hmm, ah well biology was the worst.
So Bio was only 85% then?!?
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
So Bio was only 85% then?!?
81%...actually :cool: Just scraped an A, and a lucky scrape at that.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got 10 million percent :cool:
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
81%...actually :cool: Just scraped an A, and a lucky scrape at that.
Don't be modest I'm sure you deserved that 2%...

PS - Have you seen Bosslady's sig, if I were more certain about my sexuality then I'd be offended :rolleyes:
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
PS - Have you seen Bosslady's sig, if I were more certain about my sexuality then I'd be offended :rolleyes:
Are you Superman?
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't be modest I'm sure you deserved that 2%...

Wel she's only telling the truth Look at my sig!!!
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't regard Politics being a mm subject. At the beginning of AS i found it quite difficult to get used to as i had never taken a subject like it before, but as the year went on it did get easier and do be perfectly honest a monkey could do it, lol But now in A2 it is completely different, alot more interesting, but a bit harder and you do study a bit of economics too
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
Are you Superman?
You mean Leekey also parades around in ridculous costumes and dons pants on top of his leggings? :eek:
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You mean Leekey also parades around in ridculous costumes and dons pants on top of his leggings? :eek:
SuperLeekey!
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
SuperLeekey!
ROTFL - that makes him sound like he has a bladder problem...

Edit: New brand of hosiery
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
ROTFL - that makes him sound like he has a bladder problem...
Funniest thing ever said on this forum (and I've been knocking about here for a while)!!!
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My ability to transform otherwise sensible threads into complete nonsense astounds even myself
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whoops, Shiny hijacked again...
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Myst - By chance, are these friends off to Edinburgh sweet young girlies or am I going to be harrased by big hair blokes looking for a play thing. :rolleyes:
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Whoops, Shiny hijacked again...
God were good....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (175)
46.17%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.78%
Change uni choice through clearing (89)
23.48%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.82%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.75%

Watched Threads