This discussion is closed.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
I remember reading that Maths A2 was in the around 75% I think. I remember comparing that to the 20% that drop out after AS and thinking that it was quite impressive.
My friends who do Maths seem to think that it isn't usually too hard, and the great respect people have for it is unwarranted.... although perhaps it's just that they're natural mathematicians.
vincent gallo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Computing/IT (god I hate when they group them) is statistically the most difficult to get an A in.
Perhaps the average IT student is weaker though:P
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vincent gallo)
Perhaps the average IT student is weaker though:P
Since when is a students ability related to the subjects they take?!? Doing maths, physics etc... doesn't make you a stronger student so why would taking ICT make you weaker?!? :confused:
vincent gallo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Since when is a students ability related to the subjects they take?!? Doing maths, physics etc... doesn't make you a stronger student so why would taking ICT make you weaker?!? :confused:
I was being facetious! Im sure its possible that theres some correlation though. .
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vincent gallo)
I was being facetious! Im sure its possible that theres some correlation though. .
Sorry I've just finished my exams so my mind is in autopilot. I could only suggest that correlation would come from mathematicians and scientists (assuming they are stronger students) wanting to prove thier superiority by taking traditionally "difficult" subjects. Load of idiots if you ask me but that the mind of the 16-17 year old for you. :rolleyes:
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Possibly not as gullible as I thought.. Read this :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/693806.stm

P.S. I think General Studies is DEFINITELY a mickey mouse subject. - You only really have to sit the exams to do well in it - the thing is most people can't be bothered in the exams and most leave early having slept through most of the first hour anyway. (In my experience)
Reread the article: it's a twelve week course, NOT a degree course, most probably offered by their Institute of Continuing Education. (or whatever they call it).

As for General Studies, I couldn't possibly comment - I never took that particular course at A'level (although I suspect I would have flunked it 'cause I'm not a natural polymath!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (21)
40.38%
Take exams next summer (12)
23.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (13)
25%
Apply to uni next year instead (5)
9.62%
I'm not applying to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads