Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I being a **** for saying this when someone died? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You, sir, are an absolute ****.

Only an absolute **** refers to speed in any way other than mph.

ReputationRep:
    I have no sympathy for those people, they are criminals after all. They put other people's lives in danger, that person could've killed you or your mother or your child if she happened to be on the same road at the same time, just think about that.

ReputationRep:
    im sure the woman who sustained the injuries will think the same thing as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    one of my distant friend / school mate died in a car crash. well not really a friend, more like just someone that i had met before. He died in a car accident while speeding 180 km/h on the highway, according to the police report. The lady travelling beside him sustained heavy injuries.

So many many people went on his facebook to mourn. Instead of the usual RIP stuff, i posted " When you drive at 180 km/h, you are pretty much asking for it." That didnt go down well with most of the friends and family and i was "inconsiderate" , "dickish"

Was I?
    everyone on the page is going to be acting like he's some saint who died too soon - no he's not. He's an idiot who basically killed himself, and nearly killed another person with his stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    one of my distant friend / school mate died in a car crash. well not really a friend, more like just someone that i had met before. He died in a car accident while speeding 180 km/h on the highway, according to the police report. The lady travelling beside him sustained heavy injuries.

So many many people went on his facebook to mourn. Instead of the usual RIP stuff, i posted " When you drive at 180 km/h, you are pretty much asking for it." That didnt go down well with most of the friends and family and i was "inconsiderate" , "dickish"

Was I?
    To be honest yes you was a **** for posting that and i would never have posted that on FB for his friends and family to see who are mourning the loss of their close friend or son/brother/nephew etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You, sir, are an absolute ****.

Only an absolute **** refers to speed in any way other than mph.
    lol yeh, when I saw that, in my head I automatically tried to do the maths to turn into mph, but then gave up and decided not worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    You have about as much tact as a drunk elephant. I think it is OK to say such things as it is true and he only has himself to blame (or he would if he was alive), but posting it on his Facebook was going a bit far I think!

(Original post by Diabolus)
    lol yeh, when I saw that, in my head I automatically tried to do the maths to turn into mph, but then gave up and decided not worth the effort.
    Google is quite happy to do the job for you. 112mph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    if you didn't know him that well why did you feel the need for your input anyway? .
    lol saying things like that, I guess you dont use facebook that much.

ReputationRep:
    I think what they may have interpreted from your sentence is that you think he 'deserved' or 'should've' died seeing as he's going 180km/h.

I am agreeing with you. If you're going at 180km/h, you are putting yourself in a such a seriously high risk of death, that you ought to die. And I'm pretty sure they know that too.

But there and then? They all wish he was still alive and you go up saying 'what can you expect guys, you know he was gonna die'. If you were the family, I'm pretty sure you'd tell them to **** off.

ReputationRep:

Was I?
    What on earth was the purpose of doing that?

ReputationRep:
    Are you an American why do you use km also people makes mistakes they don't necessarily deserve to die for it.

ReputationRep:
    It was quite insensitive to say at that moment of time.

ReputationRep:
    It's not something I would have done, but the guy was selfish as hell to do that with someone else in the car

ReputationRep:

Was I?
    yes, the fact that you commented that on his facebook, if you had said it, fine! but you went out of your way to comment, it was unnecessary.

ReputationRep:

Was I?
    I am the **** now among my friends.
    Surprised you even have friends with that cheek. Dickish is a nice way to put it. I'd probably kill you myself if he was a friend of mine and I caught you saying that.

ReputationRep:
    If you had asked 'Am I **** for thinking that?' then I'd see where you're coming from.

But not only posting it on fb, but going on the guy's page for all his mourning friends and family to see it, yes, you are most certainly a **** for doing that and I'm a bit baffled as to why you'd even ask that, it's extremely insensitive and tactless, if you don't want to post RIP or something respectful, fine, just don't post at all in the future. Try and put yourself in their shoes, if you've lost a loved one, the last thing you want to hear or read is someone implying they deserved to die, whether or not you think it to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Are you an American why do you use km also people makes mistakes they don't necessarily deserve to die for it.
    Funny that almost every other country in the world uses km and km/h, but the US isn't one of them.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:

Was I?
    I would've said the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    You have about as much tact as a drunk elephant.
    lmao I'm dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I would've said the same thing
    you're brootill :noway:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.