:sadnod: lol
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    :sadnod: lol
    :noway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolus)
    lol yeh, when I saw that, in my head I automatically tried to do the maths to turn into mph, but then gave up and decided not worth the effort.
    I just googled it :lol: About 111mph, very fast tbf but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't done it myself. Not even to say speed was a factor in the accident, all they said was he was doing a certain speed at the moment of the accident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    :noway:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    Nobody said that about Paul Walker so why can it be said to a normal person who is dead
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    Nobody said that about Paul Walker so why can it be said to a normal person who is dead
    Paul Walker wasn't driving, was he...

ReputationRep:
    insensitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Tactless but reasonable. Esp when he was responsible for someone else's injuries. I wouldn't have said it though and their response was predictable.
    Correct.

Thoough look at it this way. What if it was someone in your family that died when doing 180 mph and someone came along and said 'well they were asking for it'?

I agree it was very stupid but I think 'they were asking for it' is a wrong choice of words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I am a fan of dark humour but there is a time and a place for it.
    It wasn't even funny, it was retarded and sanctimonious.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I think it's the sort of thing that everyone might think, but never actually say. When the family are thinking about their lost son/daughter the last thing they want is someone to come along and say it was their own fault, even if they think that themselves. I know it's easy to say the wrong thing and then regret it afterwards but have some consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Dez)
    While it may be true it was a pretty tactless thing to say. There's a time and a place.
    These sum it up. GG OP.

ReputationRep:
    The general consensus here is that you said that at the wrong time, and to an extent I agree. However I think people in general need to start realising how to accept the truth instead of being all emotional the whole time..

ReputationRep:
    Real courage there bro. You spoke the truth, but posted it on the mourning page, and worded it in a rather blunt way. I agree with what you posted but if I were you I'd alter the words a bit before I tell that to others, and probably wouldn't even post it on the mourning fb page, but only in private conversations. When people are strongly emotional, they are more irrational and biased than usual you got to know this. The dead guy's relatives probably know, deep down their hearts, that you are telling the truth anyway, as they attacked you personally instead of properly arguing back, saying it's not true (or something like that). They are in grief, it blinds them - good old human nature.

ReputationRep:
    damnnn.... captain savage... (jk... you was right to say that, car crashes are more likely to happen the faster you go, hes lucky more people didnt die)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    insensitive
    how

ReputationRep:
    Think the same but wouldn't say it- you need to think about the emotional state of friends and family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Speeding is silly, and people should examine the behaviour of 'victims' in order to learn lessons/educate folks, but 110mph isn't ridiculously fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I would've said the same thing
    really...

(Original post by furryface12)
    I think it's the sort of thing that everyone might think, but never actually say. When the family are thinking about their lost son/daughter the last thing they want is someone to come along and say it was their own fault, even if they think that themselves. I know it's easy to say the wrong thing and then regret it afterwards but have some consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    agreed, and you dont know the whole situation.

the family are probably devastated that he was driving that fast...its as though he gave up
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    really...
    Yeah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.