Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Joey" from Friends is new Top Gear presenter Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It could actually work quite well. LeBlanc knows an awful lot about cars, he's modded all of his quite well.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, if he brings his Joey persona, then I'M ALL IN!

ReputationRep:
    Still watching the series on Amazon Prime instead

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he's a cool guy, but I just don't give a crap about his opinion about cars. I guess those rumors about Sabine Schmitz and Chris Harris co-hosting were false then :/

I don't like Chris Evans -_-

And top gear will always be clarkson Hammond and may! they had good banter and they had what the audience wanted.

It won't be the same or better but hopefully it be average

ReputationRep:
    A really good choice, the only thing making it bearable it seems.

E=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    Sabine Schmitt is confirmed I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalail)
    Matt LeBlanc is Bae
    He is, but does he really belong on top gear, don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if the new series is even a quarter as successful as Clarkson, Hammond and May, I can't see a reincarnation of the show doing the same silly, mucking about features like amphibious cars, car trains or wrecking caravans and morris marinas that helped the show become what it became, though I'm not sure how they'll try and do it really, apart from obviously it being less blokey.. And how do the BBC stick Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and Sabine Schmitz, 3 people of different nationalities who probably barely know each other and make it work, the mucking around, comedy features wouldn't have worked anywhere near as well if Clarkson, Hammond and May didn't have such a good working relationship between them, you can't just stick 3 random people together who may or may not get along and expect to recreate that.

I'm sure I'll watch the first episode out of curiosity, but there isn't even a shred of doubt in my mind that I'll never enjoy it like I enjoyed it before, not liking Chris Evans doesn't help either! Looking forward to Clarkson, Hammond and May on Amazon Prime though, hope they continue to do those epic trips that I enjoyed so much

Edit: Seems the new line-up won't be quite the same as before with 3 presenters, more Chris Evans heading the show with a few other presenters helping out, so it may just be the Chris Evans show, great :lol:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ris-evans-show

ReputationRep:
    Name:  joey.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  33.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    A fun thread from a certain website following this news :teehee:

Name:  joeytopgear.png
Views: 27
Size:  143.1 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.