Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am posting to find out if i would be entitled to any suppory from student finance england. I previously studied bsc hons adult nursing and received an nhs bursary and a reduced rate maintenance loan and i lived with my parents. I am now studying a bsc hons shortened midwifery course, of which my first degree was a course requirement and of which i am seconded for and is funded by nhs northwest. I now live with my fiance as of april 2015 and we both contribute to rent and living costs. I have taken a paycut to do this course and was receiving a loan but slc have now said i am entitled to nothing and have to pay it back as i am seconded, not entitled to a bursary and am studying a second degree that is of the equivalent level to my first. Reading online it seems others have gone through this, as have some of my classmates who have then got somr form of support. Its so annoying! Any help would ve greatly appreciated
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Clare1990

    If you are not eligible for the bursary and you have this level of qualification, we are unable to help with funding.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.