Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I stop feeling like this about Him? Watch

Announcements

So, a couple of months ago, I started talking to this boy, but he had just got out of a relationship. A couple of weeks went by and things were going fine, but then suddenly he broke it off and got back with his ex girlfriend.

About 2 months ago, they broke up again, and this time after a month, we started talking again and now we have been together a few weeks. Obviously I had to be cautious, but things have got to a stage where I believe truly he's not in love with her anymore.

My issue is that his ex still owes him a significant amount of money, and so he can't cut off contact with her for the risk of loosing that money as he is depending upon it. He promises me I have nothing to worry about with her, but I can't help but be slightly afraid because of how much he hurt me last time. He also guarantees that his feelings for her have gone, but I'm afraid that him seeing her will bring them back.. can that happen?

Also, every time he's gone to see her I've gone with him, because he understands how I feel about it.. but today we saw her at college and I had to go to class so he walked home with her... I'm just so afraid of them being alone together.. I trust him, but I don't trust her, but how can I explain this to him without seeming controlling or causing an argument?
    • TSR Support Team

It does sound like to me despite what he says, that he is not actually over her yet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.