The Student Room Group
Original post by Riley95
When entering my education into UCAS should I include the foundation year I'm taking? I will in my personal statement, but i was told after competing the foundation year I will receive a Diploma of Higher Education, is this true and do I have to enter it on UCAS?

Are you taking a foundation YEAR or a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design?

You should list your current place of study in your application and the qualification you expect to receive at the end of the year - check in your course handbook what you will be eligible for. It may be that you can only list it as "Foundation year" or "university credits Year 0".

A foundation diploma in Art and Design will usually either be a BTEC or awarded by University Arts London - it's a level 3 diploma (so A level equivalent).

An DipHE is usually equivalent to the first 2 years of a standard 3 years degree (or an HND or Foundation Degree - both 2 years full time courses) - you wont be eligible for this after a foundation year.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ

You should list your current place of study in your application and the qualification you expect to receive at the end of the year - check in your course handbook what you will be eligible for. It may be that you can only list it as "Foundation year" or "university credits Year 0".

A foundation diploma in Art and Design will usually either be a BTEC or awarded by University Arts London - it's a level 3 diploma (so A level equivalent).

An DipHE is usually equivalent to the first 2 years of a standard 3 years degree (or an HND or Foundation Degree - both 2 years full time courses) - you wont be eligible for this after a foundation year.

Thank you, I'm taking a foundation year in humanities.
Original post by Riley95
Thank you, I'm taking a foundation year in humanities.

Then put your current uni in with the dates up to this summer and use the "Other UK qualification" option on UCAS to write that in as your qualification for this year.

If you're taking modules then you can attach details of those too (there's a link in my sig about entering university modules which should help)
Original post by PQ

I am currently doing a foundation in fashion but want to apply to a diff uni. I have put "other qualifications" but it asks me to put the date I received the award which obviously I haven't yet, what do I do? :frown:
Original post by Graceee11111111
I am currently doing a foundation in fashion but want to apply to a diff uni. I have put "other qualifications" but it asks me to put the date I received the award which obviously I haven't yet, what do I do? :frown:

When will you leave if you get an offer? What qualifications will you have at that point?

Latest

Trending

Trending