Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is bathing twice a week disgusting or ok? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    OP it is probably THE most disgusting thing one can do in terms of cleanliness. Better change that bad habit.

I totally get what you mean, but this is excessive and does harm your skin. Avoid showering more than twice a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my job makes me smell and it's in split shifts, ain't nobody got time for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    getting under the shower stream 4 times harms you?? ok
    Constantly washing off bacteria will lower your resistances to germs and illnesses, so yes, it's harming you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Constantly washing off bacteria will lower your resistances to germs and illnesses, so yes, it's harming you.
    i didn't say i'm using soap, in the morning and evening i literally stand under water (not even on powerful or hot). i wash my hair once a week as well. and i haven't been ill since i was about 11, mostly just tired or the odd cold so it's clearly not doing too much harm.

ReputationRep:
    no wonder I can smell a musky fish smell :puke:

ewwww

ReputationRep:
    it's less disgusting then bathing once a week :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i didn't say i'm using soap, in the morning and evening i literally stand under water (not even on powerful or hot). i wash my hair once a week as well. and i haven't been ill since i was about 11, mostly just tired or the odd cold so it's clearly not doing too much harm.
    If it's working for you, then that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I'm free tomorrow

:beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I last had a bath in 2013
    (I do not remember the exact month but it was September onwards)
    hahahahaha made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I only ever wash my hair twice a week, it never really gets greasy and looks worse if I wash it every other day etc
    You wee frizz-munchkin

Spoiler:
    Show
    Daren't say how often I wash mine :innocent:

I shower every day. I'd feel really unfresh if I only washed my body twice a week :erm:
    Know what you mean but sometimes I'm so inactive I barely notice if I go a couple days without washing (granted this has a lot to do with the fact I tend to manage body temperature pretty closely given associated dysregulation in my condition + profuse sweating if I remotely overheat)

I absolutely cannot stand going to bed all clammy! Hence, all this business

ReputationRep:
    getting under the shower stream 4 times harms you?? ok
    It can.
    It's unnecessary because you're effectively washing away essential and protective oils and drying out your skin which could lead to all kinds of irritation and skin conditions.

ReputationRep:
    That's nasty

ReputationRep:
    Digusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Twice a day is a completely unnecessary waste of water and energy, unless you have some kind of physical problem.

Twice a week is more in line with older social norms, but probably isn't that socially acceptable today.
    In the day of my parents they said people would have a bath [showering was not 'invented' then] every Friday. It was normal, but people kept clean in other ways. Now days people shower more than twice a day, this is not ideal as the natural body oils are destroyed which are compulsory to keep skin moist.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry dude. It's not healthy to have a shower/bath everyday and wastes water. If you know that you're not going to be seeing anyone then don't feel like you need to have a full body wash. Washing your face and brushing your teeth are fine for this. I'd say try to have one every other day and also when you're going out or seeing someone.

ReputationRep:
    It is quite alright. Ignore the hygienice TSRians.

ReputationRep:
    a recent scientific enquiry into underarm flora revealed that our modern anti-perspirants remove "good" bacteria and allow immigrant opportunistic harmful bacteria to invade our nooks and crannies :eek:

https://news.ncsu.edu/2016/02/dunn-armpit-2016/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.