The Student Room Group

P2 paper leak. updates?

today i went to my exams officer and told him all i know.. he came onto ukl and saw the sticky and sed he'll contact edexcel to say that the school is aware that there was a leak etc.

is there any update to what's happening wtih the complaint to edexcel?
i called them asking if they knew anything but they just told me to tell my center which i now have. i feel really cheated but know that they wont do ANYTHING!

some info would be appreciated
Ben

Scroll to see replies

XXXNICEGUYXXX
today i went to my exams officer and told him all i know.. he came onto ukl and saw the sticky and sed he'll contact edexcel to say that the school is aware that there was a leak etc.

i called them asking if they knew anything but they just told me to tell my center which i now have. i feel really cheated but know that they wont do ANYTHING!

Ben

dude why did you do that?! Theyre going to think you cheated...they might close this site down! NOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply 2
XXXNICEGUYXXX

Ben

I think you did the right thing. Cos it would be unfair to the rest of us and slo maybe they will lower boundaries cos of that :smile:
Where is it ...the maths paper?
Reply 4
What is going on exactly? There was copy of the exam paper here on UKL or something?
koldtoast
What is going on exactly? There was copy of the exam paper here on UKL or something?

someone a day before the exam posted a load of threads asking for help on some p2 problems,the next day in the exam all of those qu came up!
Reply 6
koldtoast

well sort of... the night before P2... this pete geezer posted about 5 questions that "he wanted help on" and all those exact questions came up in the paper the next day... definately not a coincidence...
Reply 7
if edexcel so much as find out about the paper that was leaked, bye bye to ukl and what a mess up it will cause to the exam system
I feel angry about the issue. Clearly its unfair for someone to have access to papers before an exam, and there are plenty of measures in place to ensure that people can't get access. In my eyes the only way someone could get hold of a paper is through the help of a teacher.

I think it was extremely stupid of the person who posted the questions (from their point of view), and the fact that only such a thoughtless person would do such a thing makes me think that a large number of people were given access to the papers before hand- most people definitely would not go and post them on a forum!

I saw the questions shortly after the exam, and was very glad I hadn't seen them any earlier. I was on the forum the night before looking for questions to practise and any advice and last minute revision. I very easily could have looked at those questions, giving myself an unfair advantage; cheating without realising so. The person who put the questions on here was very selfish by putting the questions on without making it clear where they were from. Some people may like to cheat but I wouldn't, and by putting them on as though they were just random questions he couldn't do, he risked making many honest students become cheats.

I think Edexcel should definitely have been told. Far too often I see (just by looking at news websites) papers have been leaked in various ways, and Edexcel sit back and claim there is nothing they can do. Well I'm sorry, but when so many people place their trust in a company like that, it is so very wrong for them to abuse it by allowing things like this to go on.
DazzYaa711
if edexcel so much as find out about the paper that was leaked, bye bye to ukl and what a mess up it will cause to the exam system

Leaks happen all the time and nothing seems to happen- why will it be any different this time? I don't believe that UK-Learning was at fault in the slightest. If they had been posted as though they were from a forthcoming exam, then maybe, but not as they were. Edexcel will surely know that if people don't talk on the UKL forum, then they will simply move elsewhere.
ForbiddenThough
Leaks happen all the time and nothing seems to happen- why will it be any different this time? I don't believe that UK-Learning was at fault in the slightest. If they had been posted as though they were from a forthcoming exam, then maybe, but not as they were. Edexcel will surely know that if people don't talk on the UKL forum, then they will simply move elsewhere.

Leaks may happen all the time, but Im annoyed, Its not fair that cheaters get it easy, whereas I have to revise loads and loads to get a decent grade. I wish I saw Peter's posts the night before the P2 exam.
Reply 11
ForbiddenThough

if there is evidence that the paper was found before it was opened out of the little plastic packages then yes, they will do something
Reply 13
It'll be in the papers tomorrow.
Lord Huntroyde

i hope they wont close ukl tho
To those who are giving Ben a hard time, please don't! He is not the only one anyway..some of you don't know your facts. UKL reported it to Edexcel yesterday so please check your facts before throwing insults.
Reply 16
Musicboy also told his school.
Oh I hope they dont make us do P2 again.
Reply 18
do u think they will?

this is all so crazy

i hope pete2004 feels guilty!
Reply 19
Lord Huntroyde

Are you just speculating or do you know it's going to be there? If ukl is named the server will be busy all day.

Latest

Trending

Trending