Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As Katy says if you took the exam theres no need to worry. I also contacted Edexcels press office and they confirmed to me that the reports on sites such as ITV are false. Apart from the pete2004 no one else who replied to or posted on the P2 threads is being investigated or has anything to worry about.

The only way edexcel will look for anyone who cheats is by seeing if anyones grade is substancially better on the questions which were released than the others in the paper or other modules.

If you took P2 Dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plisco)
    i have spoken to a couple of teachers and an ex senior teacher, and theya ll say the people who replied ,viewed and helped Pete04 cannot be given zero or unawarded a grade etc, as they did not know that they were the questions and could not know that they were, the fact Pete04 said it was a mock exam is proof of this.
    However the exam has clearly been compromised so something has to be done, the fact that the press also know about it is going to prevent Edexcel brushing the incident under the carpert.
    Indeed, informing the press was (in my eyes) a very counterproductive step. The press are not there to report objective truth - they are there to sell papers. The major newspapers would happily bugger with a rusty pitchfork UKL and everybody involved in this incident if it meant more papers sold, more viewer ratings etc. As for the innocent parties embroiled in this whole fiasco - chill. Edexcel wouldn't dare cancel your grades, they are just reeling because this whole sorry incident came to press. The press will report anything which suits them - but it doesn't really count for jack shirit - look at the wild variation in the BBC/Guardian/Scotsman/Mirror reportage, some of it is scandalous.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this will hit the 6 o'clock televised news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Do you think this will hit the 6 o'clock televised news?
    i was actually waiting for it to be broadcasted on the lunchtime news.

ReputationRep:
    this whole thing is a big mess, i'm glad i took p2 last year

ReputationRep:
    told you site wouldn't be mentioned BossLady, and no mobb, i doubt very much it'd hit the 6 o clock news

ReputationRep:
    is this the first time such an incident (a user posting exam questions on a website) has occured in history?

if not, then what actions took place then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i was actually waiting for it to be broadcasted on the lunchtime news.
    As we speak, I'm skimming through BBC N24, ITV news channel + Sky News.
    But it's all political today, Iran, Bichard, elections - anything and everything but Edexcel. I doubt we'll see it to be honest - there's just too much other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I think the BBC report on the situation is the closest to the truth I've seen really (as it clearly states that it was Pete2004 who posted the questions and posters were shocked to discover these were the questions in the exam the next day). Was this a case of someone on here outlining the situation to them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3832309.stm

ReputationRep:
    You guys really need to get over this, papers leak all the time, it jus happens to have apeared on the internet this time, its annoying yeah especially for people like me who have honestly slaved all year to understand ****ign P2 and then you get these idiots, who are obviously thick as **** posting the questions up letting us hard working people down! i do hope they catch the idiot but all this media attention you guys are looking for is a bit sad! sorry but its got to be said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    You guys really need to get over this, papers leak all the time, it jus happens to have apeared on the internet this time, its annoying yeah especially for people like me who have honestly slaved all year to understand ****ign P2 and then you get these idiots, who are obviously thick as **** posting the questions up letting us hard working people down! i do hope they catch the idiot but all this media attention you guys are looking for is a bit sad! sorry but its got to be said!
    I said it ages ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa001)
    told you site wouldn't be mentioned BossLady, and no mobb, i doubt very much it'd hit the 6 o clock news

that was the radio(your obsession centered around newspapers anyway), like i said, its already been mentioned on the guardian and the bbc news websites.

ReputationRep:
    I am worried aswell but still think that it is right that it was reported. I doubt that anyone will have their exam papers cancelled (except for pete2004). I feel that all this speculation is counterproductive. I know that the mods are doing all that they can and there is nothing that the members of this site can do. You'll just have to wait. You all have to remember that you have done nothing wrong and even if the grades get cancelled, it should not affect your uni places because I do not think that edexcel would want a load of angry students suing them. Has anyone contacted press complaints commision about the ITV piece which has factual errors. I also noticed that edexcel are yet to make a formal press release. I think that it is important that when they do have one UKL makes a response as I think they will prob try and pass the buck. I'm off to watch the news to see if it gets on.

MB

ReputationRep:
    It may well be on the 6 o'clock BBC news because if you have SkyDigital, if you go onto BBC interactive, and read the news headlines and stories, there is one about the A-level questions being posted on "a website." I doubt they'd mention UKL, though.

ReputationRep:
    i am sure that the more recent articles have made it look like edexcel r trying to see every1 who logged on and saw the questions and ask them for very good reasons to see whether they were cheating

ReputationRep:
    It's in the news!! BBC East Midland today will cover the story!! They should a shot of my collge just 2 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    jeez i'm surprised the server hasn't blown up with all the additional traffic ;D

ReputationRep:
    well it's not being covered in the national news and wasn't on the headlines for london/southeast.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    The story was on Capital FM Radio (London) today, but they didn't mention UKL, just "a website."

InterCity125 (at least, I think it was you who said this)- Yeh, I have thought about whether pete2004 might not have realised they were the papers he was due to sit the next day, but then in one of the threads containing the leaked questions, "presha" asked "where are you getting these questions from?", and pete2004 replied "from delphis tests. they are designed to mimic real edexcel papers." If pete2004 actually thought they were past papers, he wouldn't have said they were "delphis tests."
    No one mentioned the fact that the questions were a lot like Edexcel exam questions, or accused him of cheating, so why did he say "they are designed to mimic real edexcel papers"? Clearly, he was lying in order to stop suspicion...?
    I personally think Pete posted the questions to look "big" and obviously didn't expect it to go this far. I didn't sit the exam, but I viewed Pete's threads some time after the exam on Monday when I saw all the "P2 cheat" threads...

Anyway... some of the papers have said that the source has been caught, but whether he has or not, I think it's good that something has actually been done (i.e. newspapers notified, police involved, etc..)... Edexcel could just as easily have said nothing... they've made themselves look bad, but I don't think they are to blame in any way!

ReputationRep:
    Pete was online 1 day ago, and I remember seeing him online on Monday (afternoon)

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.