P2 paper leak. updates? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
well it's not being covered in the national news and wasn't on the headlines for london/southeast.

MB
It had 3 minutes of coverage on East Midland today. It still said 2 questions got post on a "revision" site called UK learning. Katy's Don't Panic message got shown on the TV and her forum name and title.
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but has ne1 noticed that articles seem to say that 'any1 who saw the questions will be disqualified'
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really do not think there is a need to worry, unless you are pete2004. They cannot cancel people's results as they acted in good faith - an important legal concept. You did not know they were the questions, he clealry denied they were and so you were helping out.
They cannot make you take the paper again this season as the sates of exams are QCA approved and this takes time. They could not just add it on after as people could have made holidays arangements etc on the published timetable. There cannot be any come back on innocent parties.
Btw pete2004 best hope Humberside police are investigating this. I have asked which force is do it and no one as replied - perhaps one on the mods knows?
female_engineer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3834291.stm

5 out of 8 questions...I don't see how they can call that a small number of questions. This two question stuff needs to be squished! It still doesn't stop the fact that ppl out there had the whole paper. It makes me sick.
EmJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vinz)
jeez i'm surprised the server hasn't blown up with all the additional traffic ;D
Me too! I think it's quite near to bursting point though - there have been more 'server busy' messages this afternoon than I've seen in a long while. Just noticed the link to UKL on the BBC news site, under 'related articles'.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by female_engineer)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3834291.stm

5 out of 8 questions...I don't see how they can call that a small number of questions. This two question stuff needs to be squished! It still doesn't stop the fact that ppl out there had the whole paper. It makes me sick.
Apparently it is the job the media to uncover what the government or other organisations are trying to hide from the public. Clearly in this case, they are not doing a good job as they should have told the truth that it is in fact 5 questions instead of the 2. But, as it concerns a huge number of student, I can understand why the BBC and all the other ones are trying to play it down a bit. Still I would prefer to see the story in full blown. But that's just my opinion.
Savioahang
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Did everyone notice the other person apart from Pete2004?
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
yea like 'presha' or something
he needs to get owned too
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
I think the BBC report on the situation is the closest to the truth I've seen really (as it clearly states that it was Pete2004 who posted the questions and posters were shocked to discover these were the questions in the exam the next day). Was this a case of someone on here outlining the situation to them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3832309.stm
I sent them an email after the guardian published their first story, basically saying that I hoped the BBC would be able to report it more accurately and pointing out all the places the guardian article was wrong. After they replied I sent another email back saying that, according to everyone on here, it was 5 rather than 2 questions. I don't think they've changed this yet though.
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its at times like this I am glad I do Northern Ireland CCEA board exams, I've never heard of any of CCEA papers being leaked.

I think the English boards are too 'relaxed' with measures taken to prevent these problems.
Savioahang
Report 14 years ago
If Pete2004 is a computer expert,he might use proxy
If Pete2004 is a clever hacker,he could use others' Ip addresses,and even change a Ip address per second.
It's very difficult to track him down.
MJ_23
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
reckon i got around 80-90%
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Savioahang)
If Pete2004 is a computer expert,he might use proxy
If Pete2004 is a clever hacker,he could use others' Ip addresses,and even change a Ip address per second.
It's very difficult to track him down.
if he was that clever he would not need to ask for help with the questions on a public forum, he would not use a public forum realising that the risks are pretty high, he would be able to rephrase the questions in a way that it wasn't obvious that he had the questions but still get the answers ect.
I doubt it therefore.
noggin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it was just on Radio 1 news - not very in depth or anything though.
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by noggin)
it was just on Radio 1 news - not very in depth or anything though.

i havn't seen or heard anything, only from what people have told me. from what you say, do they mention ukl specifically?
Hyvry1
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
i havn't seen or heard anything, only from what people have told me. from what you say, do they mention ukl specifically?
No they say "appeared on the web"
Plisco
Report 14 years ago
Someone mind telling edexcel that 5 out of 7 questions is quite a big part of a grade
But Edexcel rejected calls from some students for a re-sit of Monday's Pure maths 2 paper, saying the small number of questions involved would not dramatically affect an overall A-level grade.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hyvry1)
BBC East Midland Today at around 6:40 did say it was UK Learning and took a screen shot on camera.
Hyvry1
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
BBC East Midland Today at around 6:40 did say it was UK Learning and took a screen shot on camera.
I guess they would for TV.
Radio 1 did not mention what the website was.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hyvry1)

on the tv they named us!

love Katy ***
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (756)
80.34%
Leave (185)
19.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise