ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    What channel?

MB

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy***
    I will check that out later, when i have finished revising for CHM4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

love Katy***
    Not on the national news though?

Oh, and Katy - what's going on with the smilies? http://www.uk-learning.net/t50220.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Not on the national news though?
    nope in the east midlands....they have nothing better going on.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyvry1)
    I will check that out later, when i have finished revising for CHM4.
    I think it'll be on channel 950 on Sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I think it'll be on channel 950 on Sky.
    Thanks i will check it out.

ReputationRep:
    You need Real Player but:

9 mins 05 secs into the following the coverage starts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/real...ands_today.ram

ReputationRep:
    I think that was a fairly good report apart from the mistake over the number of questions posted. Why did the edexcel statement only say two questions were posted when they know that wasn't the case?

What annoys me about the whole situation is that I ask for a lot of help from this board but Sunday night I felt confident enough in my p2 skills to be able to return the favour and help other people out - which just so happened to be some cheating *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForbiddenThough)
    I feel angry about the issue. Clearly its unfair for someone to have access to papers before an exam, and there are plenty of measures in place to ensure that people can't get access. In my eyes the only way someone could get hold of a paper is through the help of a teacher.

I think it was extremely stupid of the person who posted the questions (from their point of view), and the fact that only such a thoughtless person would do such a thing makes me think that a large number of people were given access to the papers before hand- most people definitely would not go and post them on a forum!

I saw the questions shortly after the exam, and was very glad I hadn't seen them any earlier. I was on the forum the night before looking for questions to practise and any advice and last minute revision. I very easily could have looked at those questions, giving myself an unfair advantage; cheating without realising so. The person who put the questions on here was very selfish by putting the questions on without making it clear where they were from. Some people may like to cheat but I wouldn't, and by putting them on as though they were just random questions he couldn't do, he risked making many honest students become cheats.

I think Edexcel should definitely have been told. Far too often I see (just by looking at news websites) papers have been leaked in various ways, and Edexcel sit back and claim there is nothing they can do. Well I'm sorry, but when so many people place their trust in a company like that, it is so very wrong for them to abuse it by allowing things like this to go on.

These strong words should be expressed to Edexcel, not just students who feel that they cannot do much about it. Also, Why do you think he put the questions up on a forum? Because he is too lazy to wait to the following morning to see the questions and couldnt even answer the questions. Also, so that his friends could have access to the answers with the aid of helpful. smart members of this website.

I'm outraged! The grade boundaries will go up because more people than there should be, will be getting high marks due to the leak, causing edexcel to believe that the paper was easier than previous years, when i actually found it quite challenging! This is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    This whole thing is such a big cockup.

Pete2004 should be caught, if he is the real culprit and punished, otherwise, more people will cheat, because they know they will not be caught.

I doubt that Pete2004 is smart enough to hide his IP address, because if he kan't answer those questions in part at least in his own time (unless it was meant to look like that), he wouldn't be able to do it.

I think that Edexcel should offer a re-sit, some people will have had an unintentional advantage over other students, which is not fair.

Another thing about the predicted grades crap, it a load of ********. I got a D in M1 first time round, and then A second time, so if there was a leak, then i would have been investigated. People sometimes do badly in the first time and then get really good grades afterwards, its hardly fair to take everyone in that position and investigate.

However, i don't think anything will be done about it, people will forget. In which case, i might as well go and cheat....yeah, thats right....cheat, because it seems that nobody will stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebop)
    I think that was a fairly good report apart from the mistake over the number of questions posted. Why did the edexcel statement only say two questions were posted when they know that wasn't the case?
    5 questions almost certainly mean a total re-examination. Plus the board has already had enough bad publicity, obviously they don't want to add any more that list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    I think that Edexcel should offer a re-sit, some people will have had an unintentional advantage over other students, which is not fair.
    I hate re-sits full stop, with exception of "unforeseen" circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    It was in the Evening Standard too, though they only said that questions were posted on the internet and didn't mention UK-L.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon it's worth e-mailing Edexcel and asking them why they are stating lies as to the number of questions. I could understand if they had played it down a little but they are using the fact that only 'two' questions were seen to justify them not offering a resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa711)
    i just rang up edexcel and they said there were 2 questions that were posted on a website and that they are doing all they can to increase the integrity of the papers

they also said they have loads of stuff trying to track that guy down, and find him
    the guy also outlined that the person caught will go to prison
    2 questions??!! Its was 5!! and there only was 7 questions in the paper! and the other two were the easiest!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    Do you reckon it's worth e-mailing Edexcel and asking them why they are stating lies as to the number of questions. I could understand if they had played it down a little but they are using the fact that only 'two' questions were seen to justify them not offering a resit.
    i think it was 8 in total, but even with 8 question, 5 out of 8 amounts to more than a half of the paper seen (63%) and like someone said, the other two/three were the easier ones, so practically the whole paper could be considered to have been previously attempted not under exam conditions.

ReputationRep:
    i think it was 8 in total, but even with 8 question, 5 out of 8 amounts to more than a half of the paper seen (63%) and like someone said, the other two/three were the easier ones, so practically the whole paper could be considered to have been previously attempted not under exam conditions.
    yes, it was 8 questions in total. Five were posted here by pete2004. one other one was poted by presha. I think that UKL needs to write to edexcel demanding an explanation for why they are saying that only two questions were posted. I have screen shots as evidence of these posts by pete2004.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Have any of the mods (who I'm assuming can still see pete2004s posts) seen the real paper to see whether 5 of the questions were the same? If they really were, edexcel shouldn't be allowed to get away with this (though I'm not suggesting millions of angry students start emailing them - probably best to leave it to the mods/d) If someone showed the media the actual paper and pete2004s posts to compare, they'd start asking edexcel some very difficult questions.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.