Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well for your information practically all the people i know who were taking the paper were offered it at some point!! so there u go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ria_1987)
    well for your information practically all the people i know who were taking the paper were offered it at some point!! so there u go
    are you not bothered about that though? that people sitting the same exam as you know the questions, it's not fair and if i knew about something i wouldn't be having it at all, i'd let exams officers know

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I aint gonna become a grass no matter what... i know its really bad so dont start attacking me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ria_1987)
    I aint gonna become a grass no matter what... i know its really bad so dont start attacking me.
    i'm not going to. but you could say who was involved without giving your own name, if they offered them to several people than it is unlikely they would realise it was you. i guess i just have too much of a conscience.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    well i have got a conscience...im actually in a very difficult situation atm...im sure there gonna find out who stole the exam papers anyway

ReputationRep:
    lol. ria...if you are not at an internet cafe id expect police knocking on your door soon asking for who offered it to you and probably try tracking back the chain of command. Though i understand you not wanting to give out a name or collection of names, thats just the rules of the street, and the police cant offer protection for what might happen to you as a result, but I think you are extremely stupid even telling people on a massive board like this that people have offered you papers.

cheats make me sick. Unfortunately, i doubt they will catch whoever did this.. they are obviously clever in their ways and have fooled the system that has been designed by a big international corporation. Police are playing catchup now, and the ones who are to blame for the _actual_ source of the leak have got time to clear up their evidence.

Good luck to the police catching the people, but i doubt it is going to happen. Im just glad I was lucky enough to be taking exams last year when none of this rubbish existed, but feel sorry for the people who have taken P2 now.

PS. England were ROBBED in that match against Portugal !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawk)
    Its at times like this I am glad I do Northern Ireland CCEA board exams, I've never heard of any of CCEA papers being leaked.

I think the English boards are too 'relaxed' with measures taken to prevent these problems.

Maybe
    1: CCEA is so "relaxed" they just don't notice the papers are gone.
    2: They're just better at hushing it up.

Also, you have to remember there are less people taking the tests and so less chance of these things happening. The only one I can recall however, was about 10 years ago with the 11+, and everyone that did it that year had to sit 3 papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    The BBC Online story has been changed somewhat to reflect comments emailed to them from our users.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3834291.stm
    Yep!!
    [However, students who were on the site on Sunday night have told BBC News Online that five or six of the eight questions on the paper were posted - enough to make a difference to a grade they said. ]
    Yep,I passed on bout what musicboy was saying (and I think he spoke to them bout it too)

(Original post by Expression)
    What amuses me somewhat is that Edexcel are so worried about a situation from a student message board, that they haven't yet dared to stick a press release on their website.
    I noticed that, I checked the site but noticed a distinct lack of Edecexel press releases

(Original post by Bezza)
    If someone could get a copy of the paper and show that it was more than 2 questions, it would definitely become a bigger story - not just as it is more of a problem but also because it will show edexcel have been trying (very badly) to cover it up.
    Several people have screen shots and getting an old paper is easy....

(Original post by Bezza)
    I'm sure they'll all be willing to say "Oh well, edexcel's f*ck up has cost me a grade and my place at the university I've always wanted to go to. Don't I have bad luck" and put it all behind them.
    I agree it ain't fair on those who did work and got dragged in through no fault of their own.
    Some of us don't get 100% throught revising hard, I am still dreaming of getting a bloody pass mark in Maths and I worked f*ckign hard for it. Getting 100% is not of the norm, not saying it's bad at all but it is not the norm and anyone who think that revising hard will just give you 100% please pull your head out of your a*se, cause you just make the rest lof us with out 60-90% look bad.

(Original post by lou p lou)
    i'm sure they know, they prob know exactly how many questions were up and were just hoping the press never caught on...

lou xxx

Yeap... thats edexcel, they are caught, they f*cked up, and they still hide it all!

((And for godsake how can our goalie miss against another goalie! :eek: ))

(Original post by txt_eva)
    I agree it ain't fair on those who did work and got dragged in through no fault of their own.
    Some of us don't get 100% throught revising hard, I am still dreaming of getting a bloody pass mark in Maths and I worked f*ckign hard for it. Getting 100% is not of the norm, not saying it's bad at all but it is not the norm and anyone who think that revising hard will just give you 100% please pull your head out of your a*se, cause you just make the rest lof us with out 60-90% look bad.

Ugh, tell me about it. I'd be delighted with 50% in P3 to be honest! and i worked hard for that

rosie

ReputationRep:
    M2 papers available yet, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Ugh, tell me about it. I'd be delighted with 50% in P3 to be honest! and i worked hard for that

rosie

So far I got...

P1 -10
    S1- 22
    D1-26
    retakeP1-38
    retakeS1- (hoping for 60ish)
    retakeD1-(Oping for 50ish)

ReputationRep:
    when did englands goalie miss against portugals????????

i got an exam tomorrow so ill be off in a bit.
    why should we sit around like nothing happened when other people, more than they care to report, cheated, and will get away with it, and will get good grades, which they didn't deserve, while the grade boundraries will go up and we will be left screwed.

sorry, but 3/4 of the hard questions of the paper is sufficient grounds for a retake, and i don't think that page views are counted with the unregistered people in mind. and that is just on this website, where people were kind enough to actually report it and not dust it underneath the carpet unlike some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexazver203)
    M2 papers available yet, anyone?
    kind of an oxymoron isn't it, it says respected member underneath your name and then you go and say that.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    when did englands goalie miss against portugals????????
    In the penatlys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    sorry, but 3/4 of the hard questions of the paper is sufficient grounds for a retake.
    I can confim as stated by the bbc, there were at least 6 questions posted, possibly 7.

ReputationRep:
    what difference does it make? you know the entire paper was out there (since pete2004 must have been getting his questions from somewhere...he probably didn't ask the questions that he could do already)..Fine if edexel want to cover it up, who can blame them, they are just trying to protect their image.

People are straight away accusing Edexcel of being idiots without any reason to do so. How do you KNOW for a fact that somebody within Edexcel had leaked it? You dont...so you cannot speculate.

I think some people here just want to make a fuss since all they can do is whine and complain. They are probably just annoyed they didn't get offered the paper (and thats no surprise judging from the way you react and tell the teachers and tell the press.. take it like a man dont go crying to other people)

Just my honest opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I can confim as stated by the bbc, there were at least 6 questions posted, possibly 7.
    Do you feel like telling edexcel. They don't seem to know.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Do you feel like telling edexcel. They don't seem to know.

MB

EDEXCEL DO KNOW.

accept that. you are really starting to annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    EDEXCEL DO KNOW.

accept that. you are really starting to annoy me.
    Ok, sorry.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I really messed up my P2 exam, i wouldn't mind them retaking the whole thing but unfortunately they aint going to

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.