Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    he just wanted to see them... no biggie guys. i saw the post after the exam anyway.
    bovered
    Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the1withnoname2)
    See the post to give to his exams officer yes. Why else would he want it? The exam is over its not exactly any use lol.
    Christ, they're multiplying. So what exactly if he wanted to see the post?

ReputationRep:
    This maybe a little off the subject, but isnt worth starting a new thread,

I read that there were leaks in other subjects, is this true, sorry if it has already been discussed, but can read 400 posts find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indelible)
    A spokesman for Edexcel was on Radio 4 earlier and commented on all the leaks.
    The stolen papers that was leaked and distributed have been Traced to Harrow Tutorial College.
    I don't think there is a Harrow Tutorial College - I think it was St. Dominic's in Harrow. I was also offered the paper and know that lots of people have it and other papers.

ReputationRep:
    do i seriously think so? no
    but it desn't matter what i think... you dont know for a fact
    so you should shut up about it
    furthermore, how do you know they aren't watching you right now as a result of what you said on this forum...watching who you speak to..listening to your phone calls, your text msgs. in order to find out who was selling them and trace it up the chain.

you dont know
    but you obviously dont care.
    but thats good
    all we need is people to make stupid mistakes and we can catch these damn cheaters.

keep up the good work
    I takes a court order to set up covert monitoring. They need really good evidence. It also takes lots of money and lots of man hours. the police are allready streched, they will not be going to these lengths. They will investigte to the best of their ability, using infomers etc.
    They will not be interogating anyone. If they tried the person would have a lawyer down there who would tell them to keep quiet.
    Aside from those points, the1withnoname2, you have presnted your case and information very well.
    Sorry - i realise that you have made a few of my points already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    I don't think there is a Harrow Tutorial College - I think it was St. Dominic's in Harrow. I was also offered the paper and know that lots of people have it and other papers.
    According to google there are quite a few colleges for 6th formers in Harrow, many of them independent.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly; There have been cases in the past where the police have not always done things to protocol. Yes officially it would take a court order. But im saying there is a _possibility_ of them doing so.

Secondly; As you yourself said, the lawyer would ask them to keep quiet. The reason for asking this? Because it is the _safest_ thing to do. Safety is key. Leave nothing to chance. Everything must be calculated. The reason people get caught is because of people opening their mouths etc, not taking account for every possible combination of things happening.

It is the principle of the whole thing. That was my point. However, I am grateful that people do sometimes slip up, leading to inquiries etc. As seen in this case, people have been caught, and hopefully this wont repeat itself, further decreasing the value of a-level qualifications due to bad press, year by year.

ReputationRep:
    i fully agree

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, some of you people are pathetic, who cares if some people got copies of the P2 paper?! It's not going to affect anybody elses grades because the amount of people affected is gonna be very small. Let's be honest here I wish I'd seen that post, I'd have gained an unfair advantage, but that'd just be lucky me, in exams a result is a result, it doesnt matter how you came to get that result, the end product is the same.

Also you may get ahead in life by being honest but you get further ahead in life by taking oppurtunites that present themselves, whether they're honest or dishonest.

As for the exam being re-sat, as if that would ever happen in a million years, I can't believe some of you are anticipating that!

So to those of you wetting yourselves over this, stop being such geeks and get on with life

ReputationRep:
    Firstly; There have been cases in the past where the police have not always done things to protocol. Yes officially it would take a court order. But im saying there is a _possibility_ of them doing so.

Secondly; As you yourself said, the lawyer would ask them to keep quiet. The reason for asking this? Because it is the _safest_ thing to do. Safety is key. Leave nothing to chance. Everything must be calculated. The reason people get caught is because of people opening their mouths etc, not taking account for every possible combination of things happening.

It is the principle of the whole thing. That was my point. However, I am grateful that people do sometimes slip up, leading to inquiries etc. As seen in this case, people have been caught, and hopefully this wont repeat itself, further decreasing the value of a-level qualifications due to bad press, year by year.
    Quite right, all of that. I really don't think that the police would break the law for this, I could understand it for terrorism, but not for a theft. But, like you said, you never know.
    I would like this all forgotton now, especialy by the media. The thieves should be caught and brought to justice, but to keep going on about this will be amunition for the 'exams have no value today' bigrade. They will run us down on the grounds that either the papers are too easy or that the answer are on the net anyway. You can't win. For this I hope the theieves, whoever they may be get jail - 2 years minimum. They have wasted police and exam board time and money, and caused distress to thousands of studented up and down the land.
    I didn't really aprove of a police investigation to sart with, ut seeing as the rate and tax payers invest so mcuh in our education, they should be happy to pay a few thousand more to ensure that the only proff of their investment, or exams, remain valued and respected by us the students and the country at large. If anyone offered me a paper, I would take his description straight to the police and report him - no qualms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tremulant)
    Oh my god, some of you people are pathetic, who cares if some people got copies of the P2 paper?! It's not going to affect anybody elses grades because the amount of people affected is gonna be very small. Let's be honest here I wish I'd seen that post, I'd have gained an unfair advantage, but that'd just be lucky me, in exams a result is a result, it doesnt matter how you came to get that result, the end product is the same.

Also you may get ahead in life by being honest but you get further ahead in life by taking oppurtunites that present themselves, whether they're honest or dishonest.

As for the exam being re-sat, as if that would ever happen in a million years, I can't believe some of you are anticipating that!

So to those of you wetting yourselves over this, stop being such geeks and get on with life
    You are clearly a very responsible citizen, and represent the best of British values don't you?
    It allright to steal things now is it? If it is alright to steal exmas then it is OK to rob houses and shops - same principle.
    Gains made from dishonestry will only ever be short term - look as Steven Byers for an example, or even David Westwood, how about Nick Leason? They all did as you reccomended and look where it got them. Stuart Rose may even go the same way - do you really belive what you are saying?
    No the exam will never be re-sat - it may not even be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe that robbing houses is the same principle as seeing questions to an exam paper posted online then you have problems, and you believe the gains from dishonesty are short term because you only ever hear about those who get caught, what about the many people who you've never heard of because they were smart enough to plan properly? hey? hey?

ReputationRep:
    If you believe that robbing houses is the same principle as seeing questions to an exam paper posted online then you have problems, and you believe the gains from dishonesty are short term because you only ever hear about those who get caught, what about the many people who you've never heard of because they were smart enough to plan properly? hey? hey?

not really the issue. Someone cheated openly and gained an advantage which can affect a small amount of people. He is an idiot for making his cheating so obvious but you can hardly be surprised that people are pissed off. I would be if i knew that the grade boundaries would be changed bacause of a security breach. No, nothing can be done about it at the moment but that doesnt mean ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    He is an idiot for making his cheating so obvious
    Now that I agree with

ReputationRep:
    does it make a difference whining and complaining about it all day? most important thing is to find the people who carried out the burglary and make sure they get locked up for a long time. I dont see how they plan to catch the people who actually carried out the theft since they have time to get rid of all their evidence now. he hasn't been caught in the act so what can be done? unless he was caught on camera that is.

ReputationRep:
    Those that I mentioned are probably smarter than either of us. It is the same thing - the paper was stolen - theft is theft.
    Yet another example of dishonester, on a lower scale: a railway steward would take his own bottle of beer on board, bought for 70P and sell them to customers at the same price as BR - £1.40. He would then pocket the difference, this worked for quite a while untill one day a BR manger was on his train. Being quite smat he worked out what was going on and the man was sacked within days. Dishonesty will sledom pay.

ReputationRep:
    excuse me... i dont think im sum kinda mafia boss! ur the one who bought up the stupid bloody idea of the police listenin to my fone calls! which is complete bull bdw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ria_1987)
    excuse me... i dont think im sum kinda mafia boss! ur the one who bought up the stupid bloody idea of the police listenin to my fone calls! which is complete bull bdw
    i agree and im sure that i wouldnt grass on my freinds either

ReputationRep:
    thank u 4 agreeing with me...at last theres someone with a bit more common sense than the1withnoname2.

ReputationRep:
    So erm... because they planned well enough not to get caught ... that makes them right? Yeah. good logic.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.