Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3832309.stm

Can we expect to see this on the news today?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel says it is able to track down who has logged on to the page where the questions were posted.
    heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bogot)
    I can see nothing being done about this in the end and the whole mess just being forgotten. God I hate P2....

just because you cant see things...doesnt mean things arnt going on.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3832309.stm

Can we expect to see this on the news today?
    The BBC just emailed me back asking if they can quote me - I might be famous Or perhaps not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    The BBC just emailed me back asking if they can quote me - I might be famous Or perhaps not.
    What did you say????

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    What did you say????

G
    Nothing particularly interesting - basically that the guardian and edexcel had it all wrong and I thought they should be more worried about how the questions were leaked rather than blaming it all on ukl for allowing "potentially illegal activity to go unchecked" I'll pm you what I wrote if you want to see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Nothing particularly interesting - basically that the guardian and edexcel had it all wrong and I thought they should be more worried about how the questions were leaked rather than blaming it all on ukl for allowing "potentially illegal activity to go unchecked" I'll pm you what I wrote if you want to see it.
    Yes please!

You're right though...Edexcel are just trying to divert the blame from their shoulders onto the forum...when they probably wouldn't even know about it if we hadn't informed them. Also...they lied about so much to try and cover up what happened...esp the bit about taking the questions of during the exam..they were still on later that evening!!!! :mad:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3104175
    Another news article concerning EdExcel. It said that the exam board said that 2 questions were posted. Dumb ass, can't they count?
    They're trying to play it down!

bezza, Id like to see it too if that's ok?

Does anyone know if there are any "Normal" chemistry edexcel exams next Tues? If not the leaked paper is probably the Nuffield Synoptic one. Which Im also sitting! Ah well, they say they are changing it - but judging by their proof-reading record we'll probably get loads of unanswerable questions now! :rolleyes:

rosie

ReputationRep:
    Yes please!

You're right though...Edexcel are just trying to divert the blame from their shoulders onto the forum...when they probably wouldn't even know about it if we hadn't informed them. Also...they lied about so much to try and cover up what happened...esp the bit about taking the questions of during the exam..they were still on later that evening!!!! :mad:

G

dont go quite that far.....i came home from the gym to remove them...and that wasnt in the evening. as in the evening i was busy.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people on the forum could possibly have informed them when they were sitting the exam - the logistics of it are...well...impossible.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    dont go quite that far.....i came home from the gym to remove them...and that wasnt in the evening. as in the evening i was busy.

love Katy ***
    Maybe not the evening then....but they were definite online that afternoon....can't quite remember the time though

G

love Katy ***
    when did you take them off?

I'm positive that I saw at least one of the original posts when I came home, and I only got home about 1.45pm kinda time - quite a while after the exam had finished, even though it wasn't the evening..

or did they mean something else?

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    Do you think we are getting into a state over something silly? The only reason I ask is because i've just told a friend of mine, and the reception I got was suggesting I was...don't really think they understood. It's just cast a shadow of doubt in my mind now.
    I think katy said that people who read it will not be effected.

meanwhile, check the top story in education on the bbc - linked and all!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not the evening then....but they were definite online that afternoon....can't quite remember the time though

G

so if you know that what they say is untrue...you just ignore it.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I think katy said that people who read it will not be effected.

meanwhile, check the top story in education on the bbc - linked and all!
    I didn't view the questions anyway. I just meant generally about the whole cheating thing.

ReputationRep:
    so if you know that what they say is untrue...you just ignore it.

love Katy ***
    It just annoys me that they're blaming UKL to save face.....:mad:

G

ReputationRep:
    It just annoys me that they're blaming UKL to save face.....:mad:

G

i dont get why your all sooo worked up about it. we know the truth, edexcell know the truth, the police know the truth. if the big bad media and the public think were bad people, well let them. if everyone thinks were amazing...can you imagine how bad the servers going to get...its bad enough now.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i dont get why your all sooo worked up about it. we know the truth, edexcell know the truth, the police know the truth. if the big bad media and the public think were bad people, well let them. if everyone thinks were amazing...can you imagine how bad the servers going to get...its bad enough now.

love Katy ***
    I suppose you're right...the voice of logic once again...no wonder you're a mod!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you're right...the voice of logic once again...no wonder you're a mod!!!

G
    see im not just a pretty face after all!!

love Katy ***

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.