Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its on bbc ceefax as well now on page 116.

the daily mirror have the story on there website now and theve also printed it in the paper - no mention of ukl though - just a website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    see im not just a pretty face after all!!

love Katy ***
    keep wishing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    bezza, Id like to see it too if that's ok?

Does anyone know if there are any "Normal" chemistry edexcel exams next Tues? If not the leaked paper is probably the Nuffield Synoptic one. Which Im also sitting! Ah well, they say they are changing it - but judging by their proof-reading record we'll probably get loads of unanswerable questions now! :rolleyes:

rosie
    i'm doing 'normal' edexcel chemistry synoptic on tuesday! i wonder if thats the paper which was taken? it says they've had to substantially change it!

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i'm doing 'normal' edexcel chemistry synoptic on tuesday! i wonder if thats the paper which was taken? it says they've had to substantially change it!
    Ah right so it could be either of the chem synoptic papers then probably..that are run by edexcel. I wonder what the other maths ones were? I'd be very happy if they just gave me my predicted grade

ReputationRep:
    i just hope they haven't substantially changed they questions by making them harder!

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i just hope they haven't substantially changed they questions by making them harder!
    me too!

(Original post by Camford)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3832309.stm

Can we expect to see this on the news today?

i think its highly probable

ReputationRep:
    we know its in the printed mirror. does anyone know if the story is in any other printed newspapers? if anyone has the newspapers can you go and have a look for us.

thanks,

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me which page the article is on in the Education Guardian? I can't find it.
    Or is it just online?

its not in the daily telegraph today

ReputationRep:
    it aint nuttin big, big wow one crappy lil module paper from an a level exam leeked, there is far more important things goin on in da world than a couple of ppl gaining access to a p2 module paper if the guy cheated, gud on him, if he gets tha A, then good on him
    this website will not be in newspapers and o, its not in the two newspapers i checed out, indep and guardian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    its on bbc ceefax as well now on page 116.
    Damn, you beat me to it.

MB

ReputationRep:
    just seen on the BBC website that they got hold of the news and posted it in their education section

wasn't on the lunchtime news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotGuy)
    it aint nuttin big, big wow one crappy lil module paper from an a level exam leeked, there is far more important things goin on in da world than a couple of ppl gaining access to a p2 module paper if the guy cheated, gud on him, if he gets tha A, then good on him
    this website will not be in newspapers and o, its not in the two newspapers i checed out, indep and guardian
    Of course it's big - someone leaking test questions affects everyone taking that exam! It means the students who have seen the questions and helped answer them (on the boards) can't be sure whether they've done well in the exam simply because of their own skills / knowledge or whether they would have done worse without that prior knowledge.

Someone cheating is not a good thing - it can only bring down the rest of the students grades, and demean the efforts of those working honestly towards their exams. Please don't be flippant about a subject that clearly affects us all, and is important to so many - this is our futures we're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    who are the people who have commented at the report at the bottom of the BBC website??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghan)
    Of course it's big - someone leaking test questions affects everyone taking that exam! It means the students who have seen the questions and helped answer them (on the boards) can't be sure whether they've done well in the exam simply because of their own skills / knowledge or whether they would have done worse without that prior knowledge.

Someone cheating is not a good thing - it can only bring down the rest of the students grades, and demean the efforts of those working honestly towards their exams. Please don't be flippant about a subject that clearly affects us all, and is important to so many - this is our futures we're talking about.
    oh don't give me that *******s it happens every year

ReputationRep:
    calm!

(Original post by Louise_1988)
    who are the people who have commented at the report at the bottom of the BBC website??
    I use uk-learning all the time (i didn't see the P2 questions though) and i was really annoyed by that Pete2004 guy because uk-learning is an excellent website and he tarnished its image.
    Tam Syed, bradford

- has gotta be tammypotato!

but no idea who the others are

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.