Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it a large article in the mirror?
Hyvry1
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I heard on Radio 1 news that the school it came from has been traced and the people responsible are/have been found.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hyvry1)
I heard on Radio 1 news that the school it came from has been traced and the people responsible are/have been found.
Did they say how many people???? Which school!?!?

G
coulson_2000
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Is it a large article in the mirror?

about a third of a page
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
who are the people who have commented at the report at the bottom of the BBC website??
you'd have thought the bbc would correct the typo's?!?

love Katy ***
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who's that Dobbo guy on BBC Education? He said he couldn't believe his luck when those questions turned up in the paper. Well... He is lucky I have to say... or maybe not.

http://www.itv.com/news/119737.html
Itv news, still 2 questions
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
you'd have thought the bbc would correct the typo's?!?

love Katy ***
I think so... Or they are intended to show the world that because these commenters can't even type correctly, they need to cheat in the exams?! Is that statement logical?:confused:
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Who's that Dobbo guy on BBC Education? He said he couldn't believe his luck when those questions turned up in the paper. Well... He is lucky I have to say... or maybe not.

http://www.itv.com/news/119737.html
Itv news, still 2 questions

and it says: "Exam cheats who have logged onto an internet page giving a sneak peak at A-level questions have been warned by examiners they can be traced. "

Still implying that anyone who saw the questions, having no idea they were from the paper, somehow are "cheats"!
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
O dear o dear, poor petey2004 must be quaking in his boots, serves him right though.
Gotten rather serious hasn't it, newspapers/radio/TV/internet all covering it.
vickyrkenya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, one of the people writing a comment was me, but i haven't been here long, just a few days before the Q's were posted, so i doubt anyone knows me.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
O dear o dear, poor petey2004 must be quaking in his boots, serves him right though.
Gotten rather serious hasn't it, newspapers/radio/TV/internet all covering it.
Words certainly travel fast... It's such a small world isn't it?
Hyvry1
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Did they say how many people???? Which school!?!?

G
No

(Original post by crana)
and it says: "Exam cheats who have logged onto an internet page giving a sneak peak at A-level questions have been warned by examiners they can be traced. "

Still implying that anyone who saw the questions, having no idea they were from the paper, somehow are "cheats"!
Exactly why i have not even looked at those threads and have no intent of doing so.
Jow
Report 15 years ago
They say in the article that they can trace people. In reality that is very hard and is probably a waste of time anyway. People can also go through proxys which cannot be traced, so they are just putting on a brave face and trying to scare the people who have looked at it.

Jow
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i feel really sorry for anyone who did actually help the cheater when he posted those qus(as they thought it was just revision qus) as it sounds like they will be disqualified also...pete2004=damn idiot!
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Words certainly travel fast... It's such a small world isn't it?
Yep it sure is, just read the ITV comments, typical crap from a rubbish TV channel with poor quality news and programming. How can the people who innocently looked at and helped the petey kid be blamed?!? That is absurd.
Jow
Report 15 years ago
The pete2004 person is clever enough to get the paper, but stupid enough not to be able to it himself even with text books!

Jow
Hyvry1
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
i feel really sorry for anyone who did actually help the cheater when he posted those qus(as they thought it was just revision qus) as it sounds like they will be disqualified also...pete2004=damn idiot!
I don't think they will be disqualified because they were un-aware they were helping a cheater. It will be pete2004 that is disqualified and on the radio they said a jail sentence would be likely for the culprit of these papers getting on the net.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No

Exactly why i have not even looked at those threads and have no intent of doing so.
you can't even if u wanted to, they were moved to the mod boards i think....and i don't think it matters if you looked at them AFTER you'd taken the exam anyway[i suspect a whole host of people did once they'd done the exam and they realised the fellow had cheated]....if they can see who viewed the pages, they will also be able to see at what time they viewed the pages, proving it was after the exam, so they gained no advantage.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't think they will be disqualified because they were un-aware they were helping a cheater. It will be pete2004 that is disqualified and on the radio they said a jail sentence would be likely for the culprit of these papers getting on the net.
i see what you mean...for their sakes i hope you're right!
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
who is this pete guy anyway?is he new??? i havnt spoken to him before!
OMG..a jail sentence!!!!! i guess he deserves it, and i doubt very much the people that helped him will be disqualified as they were completely unaware of the situation. do you rekon this site will be closed down? at least it's in the mirror and not the posh papers. that pete is a freak
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads