Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it a large article in the mirror?

ReputationRep:
    I heard on Radio 1 news that the school it came from has been traced and the people responsible are/have been found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyvry1)
    I heard on Radio 1 news that the school it came from has been traced and the people responsible are/have been found.
    Did they say how many people???? Which school!?!?

G

(Original post by LS.)
    Is it a large article in the mirror?

about a third of a page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    who are the people who have commented at the report at the bottom of the BBC website??
    you'd have thought the bbc would correct the typo's?!?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Who's that Dobbo guy on BBC Education? He said he couldn't believe his luck when those questions turned up in the paper. Well... He is lucky I have to say... or maybe not.

http://www.itv.com/news/119737.html
    Itv news, still 2 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    you'd have thought the bbc would correct the typo's?!?

love Katy ***
    I think so... Or they are intended to show the world that because these commenters can't even type correctly, they need to cheat in the exams?! Is that statement logical?:confused:

(Original post by Camford)
    Who's that Dobbo guy on BBC Education? He said he couldn't believe his luck when those questions turned up in the paper. Well... He is lucky I have to say... or maybe not.

http://www.itv.com/news/119737.html
    Itv news, still 2 questions

and it says: "Exam cheats who have logged onto an internet page giving a sneak peak at A-level questions have been warned by examiners they can be traced. "

Still implying that anyone who saw the questions, having no idea they were from the paper, somehow are "cheats"!

ReputationRep:
    O dear o dear, poor petey2004 must be quaking in his boots, serves him right though.
    Gotten rather serious hasn't it, newspapers/radio/TV/internet all covering it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, one of the people writing a comment was me, but i haven't been here long, just a few days before the Q's were posted, so i doubt anyone knows me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    O dear o dear, poor petey2004 must be quaking in his boots, serves him right though.
    Gotten rather serious hasn't it, newspapers/radio/TV/internet all covering it.
    Words certainly travel fast... It's such a small world isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Did they say how many people???? Which school!?!?

G
    No

(Original post by crana)
    and it says: "Exam cheats who have logged onto an internet page giving a sneak peak at A-level questions have been warned by examiners they can be traced. "

Still implying that anyone who saw the questions, having no idea they were from the paper, somehow are "cheats"!
    Exactly why i have not even looked at those threads and have no intent of doing so.

ReputationRep:
    They say in the article that they can trace people. In reality that is very hard and is probably a waste of time anyway. People can also go through proxys which cannot be traced, so they are just putting on a brave face and trying to scare the people who have looked at it.

Jow

ReputationRep:
    i feel really sorry for anyone who did actually help the cheater when he posted those qus(as they thought it was just revision qus) as it sounds like they will be disqualified also...pete2004=damn idiot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Words certainly travel fast... It's such a small world isn't it?
    Yep it sure is, just read the ITV comments, typical crap from a rubbish TV channel with poor quality news and programming. How can the people who innocently looked at and helped the petey kid be blamed?!? That is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    The pete2004 person is clever enough to get the paper, but stupid enough not to be able to it himself even with text books!

Jow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    i feel really sorry for anyone who did actually help the cheater when he posted those qus(as they thought it was just revision qus) as it sounds like they will be disqualified also...pete2004=damn idiot!
    I don't think they will be disqualified because they were un-aware they were helping a cheater. It will be pete2004 that is disqualified and on the radio they said a jail sentence would be likely for the culprit of these papers getting on the net.

ReputationRep:
    No

Exactly why i have not even looked at those threads and have no intent of doing so.
    you can't even if u wanted to, they were moved to the mod boards i think....and i don't think it matters if you looked at them AFTER you'd taken the exam anyway[i suspect a whole host of people did once they'd done the exam and they realised the fellow had cheated]....if they can see who viewed the pages, they will also be able to see at what time they viewed the pages, proving it was after the exam, so they gained no advantage.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they will be disqualified because they were un-aware they were helping a cheater. It will be pete2004 that is disqualified and on the radio they said a jail sentence would be likely for the culprit of these papers getting on the net.
    i see what you mean...for their sakes i hope you're right!

ReputationRep:
    who is this pete guy anyway?is he new??? i havnt spoken to him before!
    OMG..a jail sentence!!!!! i guess he deserves it, and i doubt very much the people that helped him will be disqualified as they were completely unaware of the situation. do you rekon this site will be closed down? at least it's in the mirror and not the posh papers. that pete is a freak

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.