Turn on thread page Beta

P2 paper leak. updates? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    you can't even if u wanted to, they were moved to the mod boards i think....and i don't think it matters if you looked at them AFTER you'd taken the exam anyway[i suspect a whole host of people did once they'd done the exam and they realised the fellow had cheated]....if they can see who viewed the pages, they will also be able to see at what time they viewed the pages, proving it was after the exam, so they gained no advantage.
    Exactly, i saw them afterwards but wasn't online on Sunday night, funnily enough i was revising for P2, perhaps i would have benefitted more by being here though.

Incidently my mum who complains about me being on the computer too much had a go at me for not being on it on Sunday after she heard the news! bah no pleasing some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jow)
    The pete2004 person is clever enough to get the paper, but stupid enough not to be able to it himself even with text books!

Jow
    Have we considdered that pete2004 could have been acting in good faith? If for example he got the questions from another party, thinking they were for revision and the other person need help and he couldn't provide it and he thought to get the answers on here. He himslef could have been duped and was acting with the best intentions. Whether he is guilty of anything it will be for a court to decide, but I doubt if it will get that far. The baord will want to cover it up as it makes them look bad and the papers will forget it in a few days.
    Police investigation - well it won't be a prioirty will it? I can't imagin the tax/rate payers being up in arms over this one. Hardly a good use of scarce men and money - a schoolboy cheating in exams. Yes it is serious but in the grand scheme of things, it is nowhere near the top.

ReputationRep:
    Also i wonder how many new people will visit the site after it has received practically National advertisment? More server busy messages me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    who is this pete guy anyway?is he new??? i havnt spoken to him before!
    OMG..a jail sentence!!!!! i guess he deserves it, and i doubt very much the people that helped him will be disqualified as they were completely unaware of the situation. do you rekon this site will be closed down? at least it's in the mirror and not the posh papers. that pete is a freak
    I have no idea who he is, i have only heard about him from the many threads that have been created about him cheating. This happened last year with some a-level papers and someone was put in jail for that. Pete2004 deserves all that is coming to him, assuming he has been caught, which i hope he has!

ReputationRep:
    OMG..a jail sentence!!!!! i guess he deserves it, and i doubt very much the people that helped him will be disqualified as they were completely unaware of the situation. do you rekon this site will be closed down? at least it's in the mirror and not the posh papers. that pete is a freak
    Its on the BBC site too, its not on the Guardian now, did UKL complain about it as it was a badly written article. The BBC article dosn't blame UKL in anyway.

As longs as the mods copoperate which they are doing I don't think any real harm has been done. It will be Pete they are investigating nobody else. Its not like he told you it was the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Jail sentance? Not so sure. The prisons are full these days and they want to get short sentance prisoners out quickly. Besides, as in my perivious post the case has got to be proven and a decent barrister may be able to get him off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    Have we considdered that pete2004 could have been acting in good faith? If for example he got the questions from another party, thinking they were for revision and the other person need help and he couldn't provide it and he thought to get the answers on here. He himslef could have been duped and was acting with the best intentions. Whether he is guilty of anything it will be for a court to decide, but I doubt if it will get that far. The baord will want to cover it up as it makes them look bad and the papers will forget it in a few days.
    Police investigation - well it won't be a prioirty will it? I can't imagin the tax/rate payers being up in arms over this one. Hardly a good use of scarce men and money - a schoolboy cheating in exams. Yes it is serious but in the grand scheme of things, it is nowhere near the top.

he could bge acting in good faith, but i doubt it. to me it is pretty obvious that he got the papers, didnt know how to do some questions so asked the rest of the UK online. im being harsh, i know, but i cant see any logic of doing it out of the goodness of his own heart. if anything wouldnt he want to be better than others, not let others have the same chance as him??? i duno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    Police investigation - well it won't be a prioirty will it?

i think you'll find there is one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Incidently my mum who complains about me being on the computer too much had a go at me for not being on it on Sunday after she heard the news! bah no pleasing some people.
    Typical mother... I just feel lucky I did P5 instead of P2 on Monday, so I didn't have to put up with my mum.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i read the article in the mirror, like i said, it referred to the source as " website " not " uklearning.net "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i think you'll find there is one.
    I never said there wasn't one - just that it won't be a priority of a streched police service. Btw, is it the Metropolitan police investigating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa009)
    yeah i read the article in the mirror, like i said, it referred to the source as " website " not " uklearning.net "
    grrrr nasty pasties.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa009)
    Other sources have named UKL and Pete2004, BBC website for one, and i'm sure there are more.

ReputationRep:
    he could bge acting in good faith, but i doubt it. to me it is pretty obvious that he got the papers, didnt know how to do some questions so asked the rest of the UK online. im being harsh, i know, but i cant see any logic of doing it out of the goodness of his own heart. if anything wouldnt he want to be better than others, not let others have the same chance as him??? i duno...
    I see your point. However, I would reserve judgement untill be are in possesion of all the facts.

the guardian have done a follow up:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...245490,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea whether the paper they are going to "substantially change" for next Tuesday's chem exam is "normal" Edexcel or nuffield? Cos i am doing the "normal" Edexcel board synoptic paper.

ReputationRep:
    Other sources have named UKL and Pete2004, BBC website for one, and i'm sure there are more.
    not on an OFFICIAL newspaper they havent

ReputationRep:
    that's great, the site has been named :mad: dont care bout that guy though some people think pete was just giving others a chance...i dont agree to that. it doesnt make any logical sense

ReputationRep:
    that's great, the site has been named :mad: dont care bout that guy though some people think pete was just giving others a chance...i dont agree to that. it doesnt make any logical sense
    trust....... if the site was named in an official newspaper, the owner of this would close it down without a shadow of the doubt, as well as the thousands upon thousands of people reading the newspaper as it would congest the ' server ' even more

ReputationRep:
    "Any students thought to have seen papers before their exams will be disqualified" guardian unlimited quote

so will anyone who saw the questions online be categorised as students who saw the paper before the exam. i hope not!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.