Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it's equally likely for him to have acted properly and unaware of it being the paper to be done the next day. I mean, who in their right mind in possession of a british a level paper would come to this huge forum. You may as well just wave the paper in front of an edexcel examiner's face, because of the extent of these investigations he will be caught.

1 million English and drama papers...what a waste of trees. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trolley)
    I think it's equally likely for him to have acted properly and unaware of it being the paper to be done the next day. I mean, who in their right mind in possession of a british a level paper would come to this huge forum. You may as well just wave the paper in front of an edexcel examiner's face, because of the extent of these investigations he will be caught.

1 million English and drama papers...what a waste of trees. :mad:
    sweetheart, as bad to you as it sounds, he won't be caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa009)
    trust....... if the site was named in an official newspaper, the owner of this would close it down without a shadow of the doubt, as well as the thousands upon thousands of people reading the newspaper as it would congest the ' server ' even more
    They've already named the site on the guardian and bbc.co.uk

its not in todays printed guardian either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    They've already named the site on the guardian and bbc.co.uk
    do none of you ever read? THAT IS ON A WEBSITE, NOT AN OFFICIAL NEWSPAPER, its not even in the guardian OR THE independant

ReputationRep:
    He may or may not be caught. In tracing him there are such things as anonmisers, which means his IP cannot be traced. His he is dishonest enought ot have obtained the paper he would probably use one of these. On a simpler level there are internet cafes, libraries and a friends' house/ work place. On somebody else's PC how do you prove who it was. Like I said, low priority for the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    He may or may not be caught. In tracing him there are such things as anonmisers, which means his IP cannot be traced. His he is dishonest enought ot have obtained the paper he would probably use one of these. On a simpler level there are internet cafes, libraries and a friends' house/ work place. On somebody else's PC how do you prove who it was. Like I said, low priority for the police.
    That may be true..but you're assuming he knows enough about computers to use am anonmiser...and though most people do know how to use PCs...i doubt many know how to cover their tracks like that.

If he did use a friend's PC....the question is would the friend be willing to take the fall for him??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    "Any students thought to have seen papers before their exams will be disqualified" guardian unlimited quote

so will anyone who saw the questions online be categorised as students who saw the paper before the exam. i hope not!
    You read it off the monitor not paper, so techniqually, you have seen the paper therefore should not be disqualified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    That may be true..but you're assuming he knows enough about computers to use am anonmiser...and though most people do know how to use PCs...i doubt many know how to cover their tracks like that.

If he did use a friend's PC....the question is would the friend be willing to take the fall for him??

G
    i doubt that very much.there are plenty of sweet friends out there, but this one would need to be a real whopper of a friend.

ReputationRep:
    do none of you ever read? THAT IS ON A WEBSITE, NOT AN OFFICIAL NEWSPAPER, its not even in the guardian OR THE independant
    do you not have simple logical? bbc.co.uk is one of the most popular news sites on the internet, its irrelevant that the info about this cheater is not in a newspaper, the fact is its been published on one of the biggest news sites in the country and possibily the world. The fact that the article made it to the guardians website, may be an indication that it will be published in their paper too....naming names yes ie mentioning ukl. I don't know what your obsession is with it being in an official newspaper, it's already named on an official newspapers news site and another extremely popular news site. Not being on an official newspaper is totally irrelevant, the name is out there in the public.

Also as far as I'm aware, laws about naming names that apply to newspapers, also apply to the articles they publish on the web so your official newspaper obsession is silly.

ReputationRep:
    sorry had to post this thread after i got 170 emails haha
    just unsubscribing frmo the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)

G
    more likely he used a net cafe/library :mad:

ReputationRep:
    and in doing so he STILL managed to get caught.

ReputationRep:
    Lets live sith the fact he will never be caught, has anyone checked the IP to see if it matchs any that have logged on here before, i.e a 2nd account for anotheruser, probably a new user?

ReputationRep:
    Library keeps records of the people who have used internet. As for net cafe, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Library keeps records of the people who have used internet. As for net cafe, I don't know.
    im sure net cafe's must keep a record somewhere somehow. everything like this has some sort of a record

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Lets live sith the fact he will never be caught, has anyone checked the IP to see if it matchs any that have logged on here before, i.e a 2nd account for anotheruser, probably a new user?
    IP addresses are dynamic for dialup users, which mean I get a different IP address every time I get connected. So if someones is unlucky enough to be using Pete2004's IP after he had posted the messages, they could be in trouble, if what you have suggested is to be carried out.

ReputationRep:
    trust....... if the site was named in an official newspaper, the owner of this would close it down without a shadow of the doubt, as well as the thousands upon thousands of people reading the newspaper as it would congest the ' server ' even more

why would d close the site down if we got free publicity???

more members=more money=new better server.

love Katy ***

(Original post by Camford)
    i dont think most net cafes do keep records like that, but there is always the chance that even if someone did use that they would pay by something traceable like debit card..

it's also unlikely that a person would *just* go on uk learning in their session - the chances are they would check their email etc at the same time so if this activity is logged at the net cafe, they might be able to identify the person from other sites visited at the same time?

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    why would d close the site down if we got free publicity???

more members=more money=new better server.

love Katy ***
    Good point.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.