I confessed to a guy I've liked for 5 years! Read the mail. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    the bear- see bold. you were called.
    Huh? Sorry, I feel stupid asking, but I didn't understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    Omg!!! Congratulations!! As a wise jedi would say, there is no try, only do, and you did it, so my heartfelt congratulations.
    Thanks I cant wait for the reply, the only thing is that i am debating what subjects i should take at school because my secondary school has alot of different subjects like dance, drama, performance, English Lit and alot of other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Well that email was autistic.

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Sorry, I feel stupid asking, but I didn't understand
    You called the bear in your OP.

ReputationRep:
    What did I just read...?

ReputationRep:
    Saying you want someone to have a bad rest of his life or wishing the worst for him if he doesn't read your email until ages later isn't going to help your case....

ReputationRep:
    I don't think confessing to reading the daily mail is THAT big of a deal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pls Mods Im Nice)
    Hahahahaha it seems he analysed what the email and his feelings towards each sentence, quite peculiar to me that someone would mention they were offended by certain 'funny' parts of a message and to tell you what they feel it makes you come across as.
    Surely if he knew you, he wouldn't infer that you were an emo from it? I don't know you and it implied that you were just trying to be funny and were really shy and awkward about expressing your feelings.

Oh well, this thread has been quite an experience for me.
    It has, hasn't it. Well, always a first for everything.

He did it think it was funny tho. And, i think the emo thing was more out of concern, like, is this how I come across to ppl?

In my follow up, i did address the point, and told him that I just meant it as a metaphor for hating me. It shows tyat I'm emo enough to come up with an example like tht.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyc501)
    Saying you want someone to have a bad rest of his life or wishing the worst for him if he doesn't read your email until ages later isn't going to help your case....
    It didn't. Luckily he was okay enough with the rest of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    You called the bear in your OP.
    Ohh, okay

ReputationRep:
    poor OP getting grilled

took a lotta courage, so fairs

maybe not the best way (imo) to phrase is (past tense n all that) but hey, from what I'm assuming, you and this guy are on the same ~sorta wavelength~ so he'll probably get th tone in ways others on this site won't lmao

good luck I guess :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    Well that email was autistic.
    The autism point was addressed earlier. It actually disgusts me when ppl use the term loosely, even if for a joke. It's like a rape joke, it's not a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    poor OP getting grilled

took a lotta courage, so fairs

maybe not the best way (imo) to phrase is (past tense n all that) but hey, from what I'm assuming, you and this guy are on the same ~sorta wavelength~ so he'll probably get th tone in ways others on this site won't lmao

good luck I guess :yy:
    Well he replied. And yes, they probably don't, so yeah.

OP brought it on herself, and is not averse to feedback. However, some commenters are just stupid -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Thanks I cant wait for the reply, the only thing is that i am debating what subjects i should take at school because my secondary school has alot of different subjects like dance, drama, performance, English Lit and alot of other subjects.
    I think eng lit is a must, probably due to you having to perform shakespeare. Drama too. The others can vary.

ReputationRep:
    I think eng lit is a must, probably due to you having to perform shakespeare. Drama too. The others can vary.
    Yeah i was think ing along the same lines thanks!

ReputationRep:
    well that was an interesting email to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    well that an interesting email to read
    Is interesting a synonym for loony? Because if so, then yes, yes it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Yeah i was think ing along the same lines thanks!
    Your welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. So awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpaige21)
    Oh god. So awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right? You know what's worse. I met him the nxt. day....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.