The Student Room Group

Finishing the syllabus

Hey! So I am taking three AS level and although I did previously study I kind of wanted to have a fresh start and by fresh start I mean want to study the whole syllabus from the beginning.

Now my exams wont start till may but I do want to finish in April so I can have a month of revision. Basically I have two months two study three AS syllabus. My question is, is that possible and I don't care if I will have two put in 4 hours or more a day, I will literally do whatever it takes.

By the way, if you guys have any tips and tricks then I would be grateful!
I guess it would depend on what subjects you would be studying. I would have thought it would take more thab four hours a day as at my school for every hour you do in the lesson you do an hour out so thats 2hrs per subject per day and thats from September. Im not saying its not possible however i think it will require more work than you think.
Reply 2
Original post by Anas_Mangoush
Hey! So I am taking three AS level and although I did previously study I kind of wanted to have a fresh start and by fresh start I mean want to study the whole syllabus from the beginning.

Now my exams wont start till may but I do want to finish in April so I can have a month of revision. Basically I have two months two study three AS syllabus. My question is, is that possible and I don't care if I will have two put in 4 hours or more a day, I will literally do whatever it takes.

By the way, if you guys have any tips and tricks then I would be grateful!

It is possible but it also depends on your level of understanding of the topics you've been taught thus far?
What grades are you aiming for btw and for what subjects?
I am taking business, computer science and Mathematics. I'm really good at business with two marks away from an A* for the IGCSE and my predicted grade is an A. As for computer science its going good forme because I really enjoy it. I say that mathematics could be the only real challenge I have. I am aiming for three B's.
Original post by Anas_Mangoush
I am taking business, computer science and Mathematics. I'm really good at business with two marks away from an A* for the IGCSE and my predicted grade is an A. As for computer science its going good forme because I really enjoy it. I say that mathematics could be the only real challenge I have. I am aiming for three B's.

Okay well maths just takes a ton of practicem worj through every question in the book and then do past papers. C1 can be done in 2 weeks at a push, C2 more like 4-5. Then you have your applied module. Allow a few weeks for this I would say (took a term with 2 1 hour lessons a week and very little work outside the lesson for me to do S1, M1 was a lot quicker as I do physics)

I have no experience with computer science however studied economics last year. I would say it would have been possibly to learn in a term if you set your mind to it but it will be difficult.

As i said before it will be difficuly but with enough time and dedication you should be able to do it.
Original post by BryonyG98
Okay well maths just takes a ton of practicem worj through every question in the book and then do past papers. C1 can be done in 2 weeks at a push, C2 more like 4-5. Then you have your applied module. Allow a few weeks for this I would say (took a term with 2 1 hour lessons a week and very little work outside the lesson for me to do S1, M1 was a lot quicker as I do physics)

I have no experience with computer science however studied economics last year. I would say it would have been possibly to learn in a term if you set your mind to it but it will be difficult.

As i said before it will be difficuly but with enough time and dedication you should be able to do it.

Thanks man. It's not that I did not study anything from september I actually did but now I wanna kind restart the syllabus but with like some knowledge and experience. I am literally sacrificing my social life and gaming right now for highest grades possible. For me its wake up study, eat and sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest