Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've started to look into accommodation for September (2016) and I really like the look of taly gate and taly south but I'm stuck between them, can anyone give me any advice or information on either?😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgreenley16)
    I've started to look into accommodation for September (2016) and I really like the look of taly gate and taly south but I'm stuck between them, can anyone give me any advice or information on either?😊
    Definitely Gate, so much nicer and far better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indiestreet)
    Definitely Gate, so much nicer and far better.
    It does look so much nicer, but I've heard south is more social, is this true? Or are they pretty much the same?

ReputationRep:
    Taly Gate is nicer, but further away from uni (25 minutes compared to 15 from South), and is less social.
    South is decent quality, and is where everything happens, normally where pre drinks are held and is louder. Depends what you want.

ReputationRep:
    South and Gate are but nice but I've heard Gate is much nicer. If you like the look of Gate, it's worth also looking at Liberty Cambrian Point which is similar and you get a 3/4 double bed as well as it being closer to uni. Also, last year I put Cardiff as my firm choice and still only got my 4th choice of accommodation (as you have to choose your top 10 residences, which is loads) so don't discount the other ones too quickly as you may end up there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.